Subscribe without commenting

Busy, busy, busy! - Geek Turned Athlete

Busy, busy, busy!

I woke up this morning and quickly started working on bazaar stuff.  I am the Raffle Chair for the Ramstein Annual Bazaar coming up September 17th-20th.  Basically, it is our job (my and my co-chair’s) to make sure that we earn as much money for the community as possible through a public raffle.  Vendors participating in the Bazaar give us items for free to raffle off to the public.  We will be charging $1 per a ticket and $5 for 6 tickets.  All of the money that we earn from the Public Raffle and the rest of the Bazaar goes back into the community.  Last year, we earned well over $200,000 that all went back into the community.  DSC02205

I started off the morning with a bowl of Kashi Sunshine Wheat and Honey Ohs with bananas, raspberries, and blueberries.  It was awesome!  I love to start the day with fruit.  I went to the Bazaar meeting that lasted a couple of hours, and then headed to the gym for a speed workout.  Honestly, after the meeting I didn’t feel like running, but I only did yoga yesterday, and my legs were itching for a run.

It was such a nice day out, and I felt horrible having to run on the treadmill, but I forgot my Garmin.  I NEEDED to get in this speed workout!  I warmed up on Level 6 for 10 minutes, and then the pain began.  I ran at Level 7.9 for half of a mile, then jogged for a quarter mile.  I repeated the intervals 4 more times.  I cooled down at Level 6 for the remainder of the 5 miles.  I felt strong.  I focused on calming my breath and relaxing during the sprints.  It feels a lot better doing that than tensing up during those fast intervals.  I would rather run 10 miles at a moderate pace, than 3 miles fast.  I really don’t like speed workouts, but I know they will help me get faster!

After the run, I attempted to lift weights on the Bosu, but I was exhausted and hungry.  I only had that bowl of cereal in the morning and 1/4 of a bagel with jelly at the meeting.  I finished my abs and went home.  Once home, I had some leftovers from last night and caught up on some emails.  I didn’t have much time before I had to meet the Hubby at the pool.  We knocked out 1700 meters, and headed home to get ready for the Bazaar Kick-off Party.  It was fun, but we have had so much BBQ lately that we both hardly ate any of the food.  Off to bed!  I have a 40 mile ride scheduled for tomorrow at 7:30am!

{ 0 comments… add one }

Leave a Comment

CommentLuv badge

Next post:

Previous post: