Good morning/afternoon, everyone! I hope that everyone is having a wonderful Labor Day! The hubby has the day off, so we have been hanging out for most of the day so far! I slept in until 8am today which is unheard of! My body needed it. I got out the door around 11:30am for my 10 miler. Here is what I packed in my camelback besides my cell phone and my camera: Shot Bloks, TP, and chapstick.
Here are 10 things that I saw/ thought about on the course:
1. ~2.3 miles in: Hi Cows!!!
2. I’m tired already, and I still have 7 and a half miles left!
3. It is sooooo beautiful here!! I can’t believe I live here!
4. I can’t believe someone dumped their TV here!!! It was probably an American! And you know what? It was! I checked the voltage- 110w!
5. ~ 4 miles in. Oh my gosh, be calm stomach! There have been a few vehicles through here today! I can’t make a pit stop outside!!
6. Desperate times call for desperate measures! Find a good spot away from the road. This will do. Why do I have to be afflicted with the Runners Runs??!!! I am SO HAPPY that I brought TP with me!!
7. Much better now! Wow, this view is amazing!!!
8. This is the biggest snail that I have ever seen! It is the size of my fist!
9. Almost done, almost done! 3 more miles to go! Deer!!! Hi, deer!! (This is the sign on the running/biking trail.) It tells you what village you are heading towards. I’m headed for Steinwenden at this point. )
10. I can’t believe I live here! The scenery and temperature was perfect today!
I finally finished a very slow 10 miles at a 9:49min/mile pace. I was singing out loud the last mile along the running path. It felt good to be done!!!
When I got home, I stretched, took a shower, and made this incredible salad with broiled “cheesies.” I was starving! The salad contained:
- butter lettuce, spinach, baby greens
- fresh corn
- red onion
- homemade lemon olive oil dressing
For the “cheesies,” I just put some cheddar in between two corn tortillas, sprayed some nonstick cooking spray on the outside of the tortilla, and broiled them until brown on both sides. I grew up with fried cheesies, and this is a much healthier option!
How is everyone else’s Labor Day going? Any cool plans?