Foggy Morning – Geek Turned Athlete

Foggy Morning

This morning I woke up to this:DSC02786
I really wanted to go on a run, but the thought of being run over with a tractor in this fog on one of my trails did not sound appetizing to me.  So, I studied instead :)

We really need to go grocery shopping, but I managed to pull the last of the cucumbers, red onion, tomato, lettuce, basil, eggs and feta together to make a salad for lunch.    Aren’t those two figurines cute?  I got those from a friend of mine about a week ago as a wedding gift.  Lovely!  They have magnets in their head so that they are always kissing!  I know it’s corny, but I love them!!DSC02787DSC02792

I worked on Bazaar stuff as well today.  We have to turn in an After Action Report pretty soon, and I still have so much to write about the happenings for this year.

The afternoon came and went.  I stopped at the gym for a quick elliptical workout before heading to the Officer’s Club for more prize pick-ups from the Bazaar (We only have a few more items to give to the winners.  Almost done!!).  I haven’t been on the elliptical machine in a while, and I really love it!  I am really contemplating revamping my workout schedule to just do things that don’t have to do with triathlon for about a month or so.  That way, when I start up my training for this winter, I won’t be burnt out.
It was leftovers tonight!  I’m STILL not caught up with school.  I’m hoping that tomorrow will be the day that I am all caught up!!

Good night!

Is anyone else playing catch-up right now?

• Nancy September 23, 2009, 1:46 am

Hello :) I came across your blog while looking at Jenna’s (eatliverun) she got taped up because of her shins and I saw the comment you left about how you have a friend who’s a PT. Well I recently hurt myself, but I really don’t know how exactly. I ran one night and felt fine and woke up the next morning feeling discomfort in my groin/upper inner thigh area. Stupidly, I ran again that morning. Ever since it’s really been bothering me. I usually only feel discomfort in the upper area I described, but it also bothers my left knee sometimes too. I ran a couple times after that, but haven’t ran in about 2 weeks. It’s still bothering me and I’m wondering if you’ve ever experienced anything like this? Any input would be appreciated! great blog :)

• Nicole September 24, 2009, 8:35 pm

I’m sorry that it has taken so long for me to reply! I emailed my friend about you yesterday, and I am still waiting on her response! I just keep thinking that you pulled something. I felt that same pain when I was snowboarding this past winter. You know what helped it? REST! I know you don’t want to hear that word, but you need to just rest it. I would try swimming for a week instead of running. Try to get on the elliptical, but if you pulled a groin muscle, it will probably still hurt if you do that. Try the bike out. Of course, I’m not doctor, and if it still hurts after a week, I would go to the doctor! Thanks for reading!!! I really appreciate it! Please keep me posted on your recovery!

• Allison (Eat Clean Live Green) September 23, 2009, 3:46 am

I’m totally playing catch-up – the past two days have been crazy!

I think those figurines are super cute

• Holly September 23, 2009, 5:11 pm

i feel like i am always playing catch-up, the past two nights i have had such high hopes to get things done and haven’t done any of it! aye…this gal is in trouble!

that salad looks delish!

• Nancy September 27, 2009, 8:24 pm

Hi Nicole :)

Thanks for the reply! I actually ended up going to the doctor. They gave me ibuprofen for the inflammation and recommended that I keep icing/heating the area. I’ve been following that religiously for the past couple days and THANKFULLY I feel much better today as I write to you :) I’m so happy it’s nothing too serious- that’s what was scaring me the most! Thanks again :)

• Nicole September 28, 2009, 8:08 pm

That is so good!!! I’m glad that you are feeling better! Happy Running!!