This morning Steve and I headed out to the gym for a two hour workout. Well, it was about an hour for Steve, and two hours for me. Steve had to run to Lowe’s. I was on the elliptical for 30 min and the stairstepper for another 30 min. Then, I weight lifted for about an hour. Here is my weight lifting workout just in case you missed it:
Generally done with bicep curls, 21’s involves doing 7 complete reps, 7 reps through the bottom half of the Range of Motion (ROM), and 7 reps through the top half of ROM with no rest in between. I got this from Hers Magazine, and so far it is leaving my muscles smoked!! Here it is:
21 Hold ‘Em
- Chest/Dumbbell Flye: 4/21: 1-2 min
- Shoulders/Lateral Raise: 4/21: 1-2 min
- Back/Straight-Arm Pulldown: 4/21: 1-2 min
- Triceps/Pressdown: 4/21: 1-2 min
- Biceps/ Cable Curl: 4/21: 1-2 min
- Quads/Leg Extension: 4/21: 1-2 min
- Hamstrings/Leg Curl: 4/21: 1-2 min
- Abs/Sit Up: 4/21: 1-2 min
Do this workout (21 Hold ‘Em) twice a week (Mondays and Fridays) with the multijoint workout in between (Wednesdays).
These are just examples of how the exercises should be carried out. 3 different ROM’s of 7 totaling 21 for each set.
- Quads/Squat: 4/8-10: 1-2 min
- Hamstrings and Glutes/Romanian Deadlift: 4/8-10: 1-2 min
- Chest/ Incline Bench Press: 4/8-10: 1-2 min
- Back/Barbell Row: 4/8-10/ 1-2 min
- Shoulders/ Overhead Press: 4/8-10: 1-2 min
- Biceps/ EZ-Bar Curl: 4/8-10: 1-2 min
- Triceps/ Close-Grip Bench Press: 4/8-10: 1-2 min
- Calves/ Standing Calf Raise: 4/10-15: 1 min
- Abs/ Hanging Leg Raise: 4/Failure: 1 min
I don’t know why, but working out in the gym is starting to get a little boring. I can’t wait ‘till I get back to Germany, and I can start my triathlon training again! I am starting to crave long pool sessions and bike rides. Yikes, what is wrong with me?
I did get to try out some Oikos today for a snack with blueberry flax granola and blackberries. It is soooo much better than Chobani!! Wow, there was no weird powdery after taste with this yogurt as with Chobani.
I also got some cleaning, wedding stuff (our final number is due tomorrow to The Biltmore), and school stuff done. I watched this video today on The Biltmore website. The second video always makes me want to cry! I’m such a sap, hehe. It is getting closer. I can’t believe that I am going to have the wedding of my dreams in less than a week!!! Now, if I can just decide on a hair do for tomorrow’s run through…