For the past week (I mean since last Thursday) I have been trying to wrap up this semester of grad school. I am currently working towards my masters in environmental engineering. I LOVE grad school. I have never been more serious about my studies or excited for my lectures than now. However, when finals come around it tends to take all the energy out of me! I put together a list of how a person might know it’s finals week. Some of these pics are embarrassing!
1. Nails are ignored, more really forgotten about. I actually resorted to slowly picking off the toe nail polish after I ran out of fingernail polish to pick off while studying on the couch one night.Yes, these are my feet. Yes, I have monkey feet. Yes, I get made fun of whenever they come out in public. You don’t even want to see my fingernails. I don’t normally chew my fingernails, but during finals week I make an exception. They look baaaaaaaad.
2. Your throat starts swelling up and aching, and you start your period a week early. Yep, this feels like finals week.
3. Your house looks like this: and this: It’s so bad, that you would rather clean than study. Oh yeah.
4. Your muscles feel like they are beginning to atrophy, and you struggle to get out of a hunchback position after sitting in an office chair for 4 days straight. You haven’t even left the house in 4 days.
5. You STILL have not unpacked from a 12 day cruise even though you got home from it a week and a half ago.
6. You had a fourth of a pumpkin pie for dinner on your 5,000 word paper deadline night instead of taking the time to make something healthy. Oh yes, I ate it. I regretted it after because I was shaking all night from the sugar and not having anything substantial before it!
7. Your husband starts laughing in bed while you are trying to get your 3 hours of sleep before you have to get up again to study. This is not because you told a funny joke. He is laughing because your thigh hairs have gotten so long that they are no longer prickly, they are soft like a feather, and they were tickling him. Yes, this did happen the other night. No, I still haven’t shaved my legs. I think that I will keep the hair for a little while because he made fun of me!
Well, I am now done with school for the next two weeks. I plan on reading a lot, of course cleaning, and getting caught up on some blogs! I’m a slacker and still need to register for classes!!
I hope everyone’s finals are going well! And if you don’t have finals, you are freaking lucky!!! We STILL need to decorate our tree. Maybe we will do that tonight!