Happy New Year!!! – Geek Turned Athlete

Happy New Year!!!

Hey guys!  I hope you all had a great night last night.  Mine was perfect- cuddling with my hubby who happened to be passed out by 10:30pm.  I managed to stay up until midnight and planted a big kiss on the hubby that woke him up.  I needed my New Year’s kiss!

Let’s get on to the European Foods Winner!!  By the random number generator:

image

Congrats, Erica!!! Email me your mailing address at geekturnedathlete@gmail.com!

image

This has been one hell of a year:

I started my masters degree in Environmental Engineering!!!  Green tea gets me through the day when studying!DSC02359

I ran the Prague Half Marathon in the Czech Republic with my friends for my birthday!2628_1107558655183_1413314867_30311293_4179629_n

DSC01254

I completed my first triathlon in Baumholder in June!DSC01534

We saw the Tour de France IN France IN person!

DSC01641 It was so exhilarating!!  I could practically taste Lance’s sweat!!

Steve got promoted! (We forgot to take more than 4 pictures for his party, shame!)DSC02145

*************I started Geek Turned Athlete!!! *****************

I “tried” to compete in the Cologne Triathlon!DSC02490

I PR’ed in the Ramstein AFB Half Marathon!DSC02644

I was part of a 2.1 million dollar weekend raising more than $215,000 for the Kaiserslautern Military Community for the Ramstein Welfare Bazaar! This took a year and many volunteer hours to plan.090903-O-9999D-001

I passed my AFAA Primary Group Fitness Certification and started teaching spin at the gym! (I’m the one with the big hair on the left side!)DSC02874

Steve and I ran in the Red Dress Run in D.C.. It was pure craziness and debauchery!! DSC03150

I had the wedding of my dreams while marrying the man of my dreams! Which by the way, I just found out that pics of our wedding are going to be published in a magazine in February!  Don’t worry, once I get a copy of the mag, I will post it!dale1

Steve and I went on a cruise to relax and see more of the world after the wedding!DSC05038

And I ran and partied it up in –1 to 5 degree temperatures. I don’t think that I had ever been in less than 15 degrees in my life before that!!DSC05089

It has been a great year, and I have high hopes and goals that it will be another one in 2010.  I have my Paris marathon to look forward to along with some other triathlons sprinkled in if I have time!  We have only another 6 months left in Europe, and I’m hoping to do tons of traveling between now and then!  We are planning on moving back to the states this summer, and it will be an adjustment moving back!

Cheers!

What major life changes do you have in store for 2010?

• Good Taste. Healthy Me January 1, 2010, 11:19 pm

What a great year! Gorgeous wedding.

• katie January 2, 2010, 4:43 pm

great pictures girl! youve had an AWESOME year.
    your new years eve sounds great and relaxing!

• Tasha - The Clean Eating Mama January 2, 2010, 8:40 pm

• Kailey January 2, 2010, 8:54 pm

wow a half marathon in prague!! now that is what I call a GREAT year :)
    happy 2010!

• Tea January 3, 2010, 1:22 am

Now THAT’S a year end summary! I especially love the picture of the icicles on your eye lashes. As always, your pictures are so wonderful! Good luck on your Master’s degree. You’ll be done before you know it. :)

• Dawn (HealthySDLiving) January 3, 2010, 2:28 am

WOW, what a great year! :) I hope this one is even better!

• 'Drea January 3, 2010, 4:19 am

You really accomplished a lot in 2009. Congrats and Happy New Year!

• Gelareh @ Orange Truffle January 3, 2010, 6:35 am

Wow you have had an amazing year and accomplished a lot of things.

Your wedding photo is gorgeous… did you get married here in the States or overseas?

• Nicole January 3, 2010, 8:46 am

We got married at The Biltmore in Asheville, NC. ;)

• Holly January 3, 2010, 4:20 pm

i LOVED this recap over the year! i was hoping to do one myself, but my pictures are EVERYWHERE (and i got lazy).

i am so envious of your travels, and i do hope you live it up these last 6 months! here is to love, happiness and peace to you in the new year dear!

p.s. wedding magazine? AWESOME. cannot wait to see it!!!!

• Leana January 5, 2010, 5:15 am

Happy New Year Nicole!!

• adrienmelaine April 28, 2010, 10:41 pm

I love this- thanks for sending me the link- I feel like I need to backtrack through your entire blog and catch up on your whole life.. How did you two end up in Europe? Did you meet over there? Are you from the States originally? So many questions- haha Thanks again for this link- the tour would have been INSANE- as would the wedding pictures!