Mail Call!! – Geek Turned Athlete

Mail Call!!

First things first, thanks for your replies to my last post about Twitter!  I joined yesterday!  I’m kinda getting addicted now!  So, Follow Me!!

I am one of those freaks who LOVES getting mail!  Today was an exceptionally good day because I happened to get these things in the mail:DSC05504 I got my brides book with all the proofs from our wedding which was in October at The Biltmore in Asheville, NC.  I got so happy when I opened up the box!  Our photographer was so worth the money!  Our pics look amazing!!  When I get the negatives, I will be posting more professional pics, but that won’t be for another 8 months.  It also made me miss my hubby!  He is currently deployed. :( DSC05507

I also got my Runner’s World Magazine 2010 calendar!  Woop!  I love the totally awesome running scenes for every month!DSC05508

Plus, my waterproof Swim Workouts Binder for triathletes!  DSC05510

You just fold it like this, and set it on the side of the pool.  I don’t know what any of these abbreviations are, but I plan on reading up before my next trip to the pool!  DSC05511 I’m sick of not knowing what my swim workout should be.  I can’t wait for the variety!  I’m super motivated now with my running calendar and this swim workout book!

Today, I hit the pool for some swimming and aquajogging.  The swim went well.  I just focused on my form, and it is getting better.  I don’t look feel like I’m drowning anymore.  This was my third time back since my little break, and I’m slowly starting to feel like my old swimming self.  Some guys saw my Cologne Triathlon swimming cap, and starting asking about the triathlons in the area.  I totally sucked them into our little tri group here!  They both had done a bunch of half Ironmans.  I felt a little meek talking about my Olympic races, but my time will come with the half Ironman, and the full someday!  I really want to do a half this year, but I don’t know when we are moving, and it is driving me crazy!  Patience, Nicole, patience!

My ankle is still giving me a little bit of pain, but it has gotten a lot better from last week.  I aquajogged for 30 minutes.  That was all that I could stand by myself!  It is a lot better with someone to talk to, trust me!  I’m going to try out a test run tomorrow.  Wish me luck!

Now, if you will excuse me, I have to start the first out of four 6,000 word papers due for one class this semester…

How is everyone’s week starting out??

• Good Taste. Healthy Me January 19, 2010, 9:23 pm

Your dress is beautiful!! So is the location! Gorgeous!

• Mandy @ University Cooking January 19, 2010, 9:42 pm

Wow I love the wedding pics :) So beautiful!

• Julie @savvyeats January 19, 2010, 9:58 pm

I’m a relatively new reader to your blog, and I have to say your wedding pics are GORGEOUS.

• Estela @ Weekly Bite January 19, 2010, 10:42 pm

Hi! I’m new to your blog and love it!

I love looking at wedding pics! So much fun!
    I know how hard it is when your husband is deployed. Mines been deployed 3 times.

• Heather (Where's the Beach) January 19, 2010, 10:45 pm

What a beautiful wedding photo! My hubby does triathlons. My tri would be running, weights, step aerobics! LOL

• Mike January 19, 2010, 11:38 pm

First thanks for YOUR sacrifice and letting your man be deployed. It is a tough time, but it will soon be over and you two will be together again.

Now that you have the swim workouts, it is time to get a few done! :) Get to the pool and put in some serious distance so you can rock the run once the ankle heals up!

• Michelle@Eatingjourney January 20, 2010, 12:50 am

beautiful pictures. I haven’t been married…but I know that the photographer is something that money HAS to be spent on.

I love the tri/swimming training book. That’s a great tool

• 'Drea January 20, 2010, 3:47 am

Mail, other than bills, is a rarity these days. You definitely got some good stuff delivered to you — especially the wedding picture which is really cool.

Good luck with the test run.

• Holly January 20, 2010, 4:46 am

i LOVE getting mail too! i don’t know what it is. it is just so much fun! i love that runners world calendar – i need something like that to get my butt back in running shape :)

• Diana January 20, 2010, 5:28 am

Gorgey photos! I bet your wedding was beautiful! I’ve only been to the Biltmore once before but it was so pretty there and the wine was great! :)

• Marisa January 20, 2010, 9:44 am

Nicole! I love that pic of you and Steve!!! I can’t wait to see the rest of them. I’m sure they are just a beautiful. So this aquajog thing….how often do you go? that sounds like something I may be able to do (you know with the whole phobia thing and all). I’m jealous that you are going to Washington…that is so the place I’d like for us to retire. Maybe we can do lunch or something and catch up 😉

• Erica January 20, 2010, 4:46 pm

Ah! The wedding pictures look incredible! The photographer is so so important! I always tell friends when they get engaged its worth spending money on the music and photographer! Hooray for the new swim workouts. Glad the ankle is starting to feel better. Good luck with all the worky. Stay warm 😉

• Shannon (The Daily Balance) January 20, 2010, 6:15 pm

lovely photo!!!

I also LOVE getting mail – as long as it isn’t bills! 😉

• Heather @ Side of Sneakers January 20, 2010, 6:56 pm

Oh the Biltmore is such a beautiful place, how cool you got married there!!!

• Kimberly January 21, 2010, 12:13 am

Grandma was bragging about your pic yesterday! I love them all & we can wait a few more months to get the negatives. Hang in there single lady! Love you!

• Zoë January 21, 2010, 5:48 am

What a beautiful wedding pic!! You both look amazing!

• Leana January 21, 2010, 2:08 pm

Beautiful pictures!!

I have no idea what those abbreviations in your swim workout are. I guess everyone has different terminology! Having a workout written down definitely helps. Love that you can take the book to the pool and just set it up at the end of your lane!

• Alison January 21, 2010, 4:46 pm

Nicole, thanks for the idea of the waterproof swim binder! I always bring a typed sheet to the pool with me, set it on the bench, and hop out of the pool every 20 minutes to see what I am supposed to be doing … and of course the workout sheet gets all wet and wrinkled and becomes garbage. Thanks for the idea!