It’s Foodie Friday!! I wanted to share with you guys a cheap and easy meal! I used to eat this all the time in college. It is so fast to make, and it tastes lovely! It reminds me of a nice warm summer day instead of the snowy icy one’s that have been going on around here!
Tomato and Cucumber Salad
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, diced small
- 1 cup of cucumber diced small
- 1/4 cup of red onion diced small
- zest and juice of 1/3 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of basil, chopped
Throw all the ingredients in a bowl and mix. Let sit on the counter for 20 minutes. You are DONE! While you are waiting for the flavors to “meld” with one another, take out your favorite hummus, and spoon some on a plate. Warm up a griddle or pan, and warm up a whole wheat pita (warming them up this way is so much better than the microwave!). Serve! Eat!
So, I drug myself to the doctors yesterday after waking up Wednesday with a fever and a sore throat. He pretty much told me that I might be getting pneumonia, but he couldn’t give me any antibiotics because this had only been going on for 36 hours AND they have been giving out too many antibiotics. WTF?! Before I went, everyone was telling me to lie and say it had been going on for 2 weeks, but I forgot to lie! Dang it! They did a strep test which I won’t know anything until Saturday. Great! And he said no working out for 48 hours! At that time I wasn’t coughing that much, but I am now!
I canceled my spin class last night, but I still had one to teach today. I really shouldn’t have gone, but I felt so bad for having to cancel last night! It was basically horrible. I couldn’t breathe. I wore really thin pants instead of my bike shorts so I would be uncomfortable enough to have to teach off the bike for some of the class. I was trying to follow the doctor’s orders! Well, it didn’t work. I just get into the class too much while I’m teaching, and got out of breath really easily because of this! I did get off the bike a few times, but after about a minute, I hopped back on. My class was so patient with me. At one point, I had jumped off my bike and I guess looked pretty bad because some people were like, “Are you okay?” Along with having to stop to hack up my lungs more times than I can count, it did not go very well.
Then afterwords, I had to run some errands that had to get done today. I was in a waiting room to get some paperwork done, and I started coughing. I couldn’t stop for like 15 minutes. Everyone was staring at me in the disgust because they probably thought that I had the plague, and they didn’t want to get it! I’m sure there were some gurgling noises added in from the phlegm. Um, nasty! So embarrassing! I practically ran out of the room to the nearby bathroom where I could cough in peace and hack up a few luggies! Once I left that office, I didn’t cough for a good 45 minutes after that! It always happens when you don’t want it to right? 😉
The 18 miler might need to be delayed a few days. I just don’t think that it may end up happening this weekend. If I keep continuing to get worse, I’m headed to urgent care. I seriously don’t think it is a cold! It’s all in my chest!
On a much healthier and happier note: You guys were seriously cracking me up from Wednesday’s post. Thank you all for the great comments! I let the hubby know that some of you thought he was hot. When I told him he just said, “Oh gosh, what pic did you put up?” I’m sure that he was blushing on the other end of the phone call. I love making him squirm. hehe. He puts up with me though! And he does have brothers, but they are all married. Sorry, Mish!
I also wanted to add that I’m kinda glad he is gone now (except the whole wanting for someone to take care of me b/c I’m sick thing) because:
- School has completely taken over my life. I know that I wouldn’t be getting anywhere near as much stuff done as I’m getting done right now if he was here. It’s hard to study when all you want to do is cuddle! Yes, I’m obsessed with cuddling!
- Sometimes it is nice to have a break from your significant other even if you are on good terms. Like I was saying in Wednesday’s post, it really makes you thankful for them just in case you forgot!
- Sometimes, it is good to just be alone! Even though I’m sleeping a lot worse without him here (I’m paranoid about ALL noises), I’m sure he is getting much better sleep without me attached to his back at night! I’m enjoying just doing what I feel like doing and not having to consult with someone else. I’m sure he is feeling the same way.
For now, I’m cuddling up in a blanket on the couch trying to get a paper done! Have a great weekend, everyone!!