Welcome to My German Home! - Geek Turned Athlete

Welcome to My German Home!

Hey all!  The road conditions today were Red on base.  So, the workouts were at home.  Unfortunately, the snow is still kinda deep so no running!  I’m not doing a repeat of Saturday’s 16 mile workout (at least not until Sunday, and it will 18 miles then)!  I don’t want to kill my ankle completely!  So, it was power yoga:DSC05646

Um, I was actually falling over in this pic.  You try getting into a pose like this in less than 10 seconds with the camera on a timer!   Then, I was too lazy to deal with trying to take a picture again!

Since the German houses are a little different than American, and in an effort to show you where I live to get a little bit more personal ;), here is a tour of mi casa!  Or mein haus in Germany!

First Half:

Oh, and when I say, “welcome to my 3rd floor” when I’m actually on the 2nd, I mean the 2nd floor!  I have no idea what I was thinking!

Second Half:

Do you have an weird things going on in your home that no one else has?

I get a lot of emails asking me what I eat to stay fueled for my 2-3 hour workouts so I thought that I would give a tour of my kitchen and fridge next week.

Back to studying!!  How is your week starting off?  Mine has been very productive!

I’ll leave you with a pic that was emailed to me recently.  So true, so true, unfortunately!

world-accordign-to-USA

• Abby February 2, 2010, 11:52 pm

Hahah that yoga pic makes me laugh! 🙂 I’d love to see that tour of your kitchen!

• Estela @ Weekly Bite February 2, 2010, 11:58 pm

Good for you for doing power yoga at home!

My home is pretty normal… I love vintage stuff, so its everywhere 🙂

• LindsayRuns February 3, 2010, 12:09 am

I like your house, it’s cute! I love my kitchen, it has more cabinets than any kitchen I’ve ever been in….I don’t wanna leave it!

• Ben February 3, 2010, 12:21 am

Wow. Cool house. Is it normal for German/European houses to be all tile? Where’s the carpet or wood?

• Nicole February 3, 2010, 6:56 am

Great question! I’ve never seen a carpeted house in Germany. They have rugs, but no carpet. Most of the houses just have tile everywhere with the occasional wooden floors.

• Natalie February 3, 2010, 2:25 am

love the house! it’s HUGE! seriously, woman! i wish i had your tubs though, and i liked the screens that came over the windows. i’m sure there are things you’ll miss about Germany, but being in the states is definitely a comfort zone!

• Leana February 3, 2010, 3:08 am

Fun! Thanks for sharing!

• 'Drea February 3, 2010, 3:32 am

Very nice house and *the map according to Americans,* is funny.

• Kimberly February 3, 2010, 5:14 am

You are so hilarious. Can’t wait to see the house for myself! Glad the kids aren’t coming though, all the tile & stairs would make me very nervous! That house is so big–it’s just the two of you and occasionally, a dog!

• Zoë February 3, 2010, 7:18 am

oh goodness, the pic is hilarious. You are hilarious!
    🙂

Thanks for sharing!

• Laura Georgina February 3, 2010, 3:49 pm

Love your German house! So spacious, minimalist and clean….

How can they have such amazing comfort features (dark shutters, remotes for windows, etc) and NOT do closets I’ll never know!

• Ash @ Good Taste. Healthy Me February 3, 2010, 6:34 pm

Haha that picture is hilarious…and unfortunately so accurate.

• Andrea February 10, 2010, 6:23 am

Woohoo! I am so glad I just found your blog (through Eating Journey which I also recently found). We heard today that my sister and her husband are going to Germany with the army! I can’t wait to show her the video so she’ll have a beginning understanding of what it will be like over there! I hope her house is as nice as yours. Right now they are in Columbus, GA (Fort Benning) and their house is awful! I hope to spend a few months over there once they are settled in. So excited to experience Europe.

• Anne February 22, 2010, 5:36 pm

Haha. Great map! 😀 I myself come from Finland, but have lived in Germany for 6 months in 2007 AND am also half-German so your new homecountry is very close to my heart. Enjoy it!