Dancing in Florida – Geek Turned Athlete

Dancing in Florida

image

This is my friend who’s wedding I’m also attending next weekend.  We went to one of her performances this afternoon, and it was beautiful!  Just beautiful!  She owns her own dance company, and frequently dances in New York!  She studied at Juilliard.  She was featured in her own show, and it was packed.  Every movement up to her fingertips down to her toes seemed like it was choreographed.  I was absolutely speechless after the hour of dancing.

I used to go to a lot of plays and performances when I was getting my undergrad, and I just don’t do it that often anymore!  I’m hoping to get back into going more frequently when we end up moving back to the states!  After that, we went out to dinner together with the two families.  It was wonderful!

On the workout front: Nothing today.  I have been just enjoying being here visiting the husband’s family!  And just happy to be back in the states again!  I’m going to try to get in a 20 miler tomorrow morning.  I got a little tour of the park near the Vinoy that I think that I will run around tomorrow.  It is beautiful there!

On a related note: Last week, Jessie from Graze with Me, gave me the:

image

Thank you so much, Jessie!!  For this award I am instructed to post 6 outrageous lies about myself as well as ONE truth. Can you pick which one is true??

1. I used to be completely blond like Carrie from Sex in the City.
  2. I worked at Hooters during my undergrad.
  3. I won a hot dog eating contest at a fair once.
  4. I was a cheerleader when I was in middle school.
  5. I won a thousand bucks in a salsa dancing contest when I lived in Albuquerque.
  6. If I could eat collard greens all day long, I would!

Now the extremely difficult part, nominating 7 other bloggers to do the same.  I wish that I could nominate all of you guys out there!  Here they are in no particular order!

1. Allison – Eat Clean Live Green
  2. Elizabeth – Elizabeth and the Big Blue Dogs
  3. Jessica – How Sweet It Is
  4. Gelareh – Nutritious Foodie
  5. Leah – Simply Fabulous
  6. Tasha – Clean Eating Mama
  7. Holly – The Healthy Everythingtarian

The rules:

1. Thank & link to the person who gave this to you.
  2. Copy the logo and place on your blog.
  3. Tell six outrageous lies about yourself and ONE outrageous truth.
  4. Nominate seven “Creative Writers” who you know will come up with some great lies. :)
  5. Post links to the seven nominees and let them know you nominated them.

Do any of you frequent the theater?

• Graze With Me March 1, 2010, 2:01 am

I’m gonna say that #4 is the truth?? These things can be so difficult!

• Nicole @ Making Good Choices March 1, 2010, 2:16 am

Enjoy your husbands family and your 20 miler tomorrow! :)

• Kelly (Local Foodie Fight) March 1, 2010, 5:09 am

Hmm….I can’t really imagine you as a blonde….but then again I have a hard time imagining you at Hooters…

haha. do you like collard greens?! thats my guess.

• Jacquie March 1, 2010, 3:38 pm

Hi,

I have given you a Beautiful Blogger Award! Yay! See it here and then pass it to others…

Have fun! <3

• Heather @ Get Healthy With Heather March 1, 2010, 11:21 pm

I’d have to guess that you were a cheerleader?? I love going to musicals and operas but only get the opportunity to a couple times a year. Your friends performance sounds lovely!

• Andy M March 2, 2010, 1:11 am

Glad to have you back in the USA! I went to some plays when I was in college as well, and then really fell off the bandwagon when I graduated. A few years after I moved back to Atlanta, I found a few friends that were drama majors in college stayed in Atlanta and are currently preforming shows. I have been to a few since I found out and not only have they been great performances, but even moreso, it is a great change of pace rather than heading to the bar every weekend. Glad to see you are able to fit in some workouts on vacation.

• Gelareh @ Nutritious Foodie March 2, 2010, 5:54 pm

#4 you were a cheerleader in middle school.

Thanks for the award… I am going to probably spend the red of the day coming up with some creative lies…

• Elaine March 8, 2010, 4:28 pm

My dear Nicole,

Didn’t want to blow it for you–but, of course, I knew the answer! I remember when you were in junior high and high school. You didn’t like your Physical Education (P.E.) classes and hated to exercise. You were the only one I’ve ever known that got a “C” in P.E. But I said, “That’s okay–as long, as you bring home “A’s” and “B’s” in the rest of your courses, I guess that will be okay.” Who would have thought you could have become a geek and an athlete! (You realize I say this with much love.)

Love,