Getting Ready for Our Greek Cruise! – Geek Turned Athlete

Getting Ready for Our Greek Cruise!

So far Steve and I have just been enjoying each other’s company for the past 36 hours. I am so happy my love is finally home! We are off to catch a flight to board our Greek Cruise this morning. I think that it will be the perfect chance for us to bond since he was gone for long.

First, we fly into Venice:

Santorini Island, GreeceFira_Santorini,_Greece.jpg

[Source]

Mykonos, Greecemykonos_port_2.jpg

[Source]

Iraklion, Crete, GreeceCrete.jpg

[Source]

Then, one day “at sea” before heading back to Venice where we will catch a plane to Rome where we will spend about a day roaming around there, then hit up Pompei, then back to Rome where we will fly home. We are so stoked!

We both plan on working out while we are on the cruise, but not as much as we usually do. We are hoping that this cruise will be better than our last one! We had a good time on the first one, but the food was horrible on the ship! We both lost weight, it was that bad.

I had a great Indian Dal recipe to share with you for Foodie Friday today, but I took the photos without a memory card, and I can’t figure out how to retrieve them on my DSLR. Hmmph. That will have to wait! I will leave you a pic of the red lentils that I used!

I will write as soon as we get back in about a week and a half! I have a couple of guest posts that will be posting in the mean time! I hope everyone has a great rest of your week!

What are your future traveling plans?

• Claire May 7, 2010, 7:27 am

I am so jealous you are going to greece (but happy for ya of course!). That is the one place in europe I haven’t been and am dying to. I can’t wait to read all about it when you return!

• Leah @ Simply Fabulous May 7, 2010, 8:04 am

Have a great time with your Hubby Nicole!!! You guys deserve some time spent together. Looks like it will be an amazing trip.

• nrmrvrk May 7, 2010, 8:29 am

Have fun in Greece, the food will be amazing!

My traveling plans? Hawaii for 2.5 weeks. Big island. My first time there. Big group of family and friends going. Should be great.

• Marisa May 7, 2010, 11:02 am

Have a great time!! Split is amazing! (they also have an outdoor swapmeet w/lots to buy). Can’t wait to read your recaps on Greece! Have fun!

• Jessica @ How Sweet May 7, 2010, 12:47 pm

Take me!

• Heather (Where's the Beach) May 7, 2010, 2:18 pm

Girl I am soooo jealous. How fantastic. I hope you guys have a wonderful time.

• Erica May 7, 2010, 2:48 pm

oh my gosh- have SO much fun. You two totally deserve it. Take lots o pictures for us!!!

• Faith @ LovelyasCharged May 7, 2010, 4:05 pm

Dang girl, that looks like one heck of a vacation! I’m sure you’ll have a load of fun :)

• genesis May 7, 2010, 5:14 pm

how exciting! for our honeymoon we want to take a european cruise, so I cant wait to see all your pictures and recaps.

• adrienmelaine May 7, 2010, 5:35 pm

I hope you have a great trip- I’m so freaking jealous- Croatia is amazing!

Remember that walking form your room to the bar counts as a workout on a cruise- and sitting down and getting out of your chair by the pool is like doing a set of squats!

Can’t wait to hear about it! xo

• Ali May 7, 2010, 5:36 pm

YAY! have fun! I can’t wait for recaps! My future travel plans are MY HONEYMOON! EEEKKK! We are going on a Mediterranean Cruise! :) Can’t wait

• Lisa May 7, 2010, 6:31 pm

Oh wow! Amazing photos! Greece is my DREAM vacation! I can’t wait to read your recap. :)

• Graze With Me May 7, 2010, 7:18 pm

I am so jealous of you guys! I would love love love to go to Greece someday. I hope you have a fantastic time with your hubby.

My next vacation? Vegas at the end of this month for our 1 year wedding anniversary.

• Anne May 7, 2010, 8:38 pm

AHHHH! your holiday sounds awesome! I’ve been planning on going to Greek islands this summer with my boyfriend, but we have not decided yet. Asia, Caribbean, Greece, Portugal?! too many options and not enough money ;)

ENJOY YOUR FANTASTIC HOLIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Bill May 7, 2010, 11:57 pm

Had I known that you were going to Croatia, I would have given you an order for several cases of Plavac. ;^)

Seriously, enjoy the reunion. We know how it is.

Great to meet you on Thursday!!!!
    Bill

• Anne P May 13, 2010, 1:09 am

Holy CRAP I am jealous. That sounds so amazing. Have the best time ever! :)

(that corfu photo… wow.)

• holly (the healthy everythingtarian) May 14, 2010, 5:52 pm

AHHHH GREEK CRUISE! i am totally not ashamed to say i am uber-jealous! and i just caught up on your posts – so interesting you saw results so quickly with the gluten-free diet! i’m definitely intriged to see how this goes – especially with going vegan as well.

enjoy your time together – so glad you have steve back!!!

• Sand Sock Girl May 21, 2010, 7:12 am

Those were amazing photos of Greece. They are very inviting. I never thought Greece could be that dazzling. Surely, Greece will be even more exceptional with you lovebirds staying there! Have a great trip! Can’t wait for your blog on how your days and nights in Greece would be… Be safe!