Last Spin in Germany – Geek Turned Athlete

Last Spin in Germany

The day started off with a nice 2,000 meter swim in which I was rushing afterwards to get ready for my husbands going away party at the sqaudron. When I was done pushing little kids out of the way so I could get out of the locker room (I’m kidding, sort of. hehe), I finally made it to his party. When I got there, the commander was handing out awards.

I tried to come in discreetly, but as always, I FAIL at this. I attempted to lean against a wall and misjudged the distance between my back and the wall because the next thing I know I was falling into a glass cabinet. Well, this made a lot of noise, and a room of 30 airmen were staring at me. I just flashed my smile, quietly giggled, and mouthed “sorry!”. Um, yeah. Really embarrassing. To top it off, I had to go around the room and talk to people since my husband was one of the three leaving. Lovely.

After that horrible display of how graceful I am, I headed to the spin room since my bike is packed and shipped off to Washington already. It was kind of surreal being in that spin room today. It was probably the last time I was ever going to be in there. I had grown so much in that room. I started teaching spin in that room. I had been encouraged to start teaching, something I NEVER thought in a million years I would be doing.

After adjusting my bike, I jumped on and went for a ride. I spun, sweat, and sang by myself for a good 50 minutes. I gave myself my own little spin class. It felt great. Exactly what I needed.

Yesterday, I received this card from my squadron that stopped teaching about a month ago. I had to stop teaching them at that time since Steve and I would be doing a lot of traveling before we moved back to the states. I was not expecting anything especially because my classes have all been on a volunteer basis. It was great to be appreciated all the same! Plus, they also got me a $50 iTunes giftcard with it! I have probably spent about $200 of my own money on music for classes, so this was happily received. ;)

Now, on to the winner of the Veganomicon giveaway! First off, thank you to all those who entered! I’m really grateful that someone will be able to benefit from my Amazon ordering mistake. :)

The winner was chosen at random:

Screen shot 2010-06-24 at 11.54.32 PM.png
Screen shot 2010-06-24 at 11.52.54 PM.png

Congrats, Lindsay from Cotter’s Crunch! Thank you again to all that entered!

You all had some really interesting comments, and I loved all of them! Among many others, I so agreed with:
Tasha, Kacy, Julie, and Erica when they said that they try to “eat from the earth,” whole foods, and not having a 100% strict definition of what kind of eater they should be or are. Balance is key. No one is perfect. Guilt should not even be a factor.

Screen shot 2010-06-24 at 11.59.32 PM.png

Screen shot 2010-06-25 at 12.05.05 AM.png
Screen shot 2010-06-25 at 12.07.31 AM.png

Screen shot 2010-06-25 at 12.08.14 AM.png

Sweet dreams!

• Heather (Where's the Beach) June 25, 2010, 12:28 am

LOL – sounds like an entry I might make! How sweet of them to get the card and gift card!!

• Tasha - The Clean Eating Mama June 25, 2010, 1:08 am

Thanks for displaying my bowel movement problems with all of your readers!

LOL – I am joking! hahaha =)
    I didn’t know you taught spinning classes. I should have since I read your blog all of the time… now i feel embarrassed! lol And speaking of embarrassing moments, I too am NOT graceful. Especially when I TRY to be quiet! Oh well…

• Nicole June 25, 2010, 10:52 pm

Sorry! haha. I shared my BM’s with everyone, now it is your turn!

• lindsay June 25, 2010, 2:00 am

I won?!?! How cool! Can’t wait to check out the cookbook! So sad that you are leaving your spin class. I’ve taught spin for years so I understand. I’m sure your class will miss you tons. Good luck in washington and to your hubs.
    Cheers,
    LC

• Leana June 25, 2010, 5:52 am

Good luck with the move, and with the race this weekend!!! I’m sure you must be looking forward to heading back to the US, but I’m going to miss all of your amazing pictures from your bike rides around Europe!

• Nicole June 25, 2010, 9:29 am

I’m going to miss those too!! :(

• Katy @ MonsterProof June 25, 2010, 1:30 pm

Good luck with the move! Those were some killer last-minute workouts!

• Nicole June 25, 2010, 4:49 pm

Well, I didn’t want them to be too killer since I am tapering for my race!

• Annie D. @ Annie's Simple Life June 25, 2010, 4:29 pm

I love those shoes!!!

• Claire June 25, 2010, 4:33 pm

I am sure that everyone thought your little mishap was cute so no need for embarrassment! That sounds like a wonderful last spin session! Good luck with the move and race lady!

• Graze With Me June 25, 2010, 7:42 pm

I *always* misjudge a distance like that! I almost refuse to walk in sunglasses anymore because it messes with my depth perception so much. Glad I’m not the only person out there crashing into stuff…

Good luck with all your moving adventures, I can’t wait to hear about it all.

• Faith June 26, 2010, 4:22 pm

It sounds like your last spin was a great way to say goodbye to a place that holds a lot of sentimental value. I’m sure you will be missed!

Awww, what a sweet card…that’s adorable!