Training and Moving – Geek Turned Athlete

Training and Moving

** You have one more day to enter my giveaway!!

The last couple of weeks have been a little chaotic since I have decided to race the day before I move back to the U.S. I have the Baumholder Triathlon this coming Sunday with a:

• 1200 meter swim
  • 32 mile bike
  • 8.5 mile run

The triathlon distances in Europe are weird!

There was a lot of cycling, running, and swimming going on last week:

DSC07224.JPG DSC07225.JPG

Foam rolling…

Lake swimming…

On Sunday, after we got back late from Paris the night before, I drug my husband out for a training ride.

It was freezing and started raining hard when we finally arrived back at the car. Excellent timing…

As you can tell, Steve was not excited about this ride at all, but he loves me so he went!

The movers came two days ago and completely cleared our place out within 8 hours. It was pretty amazing.

Yesterday, I literally spent ALL day cleaning until about midnight. I was tired, moody, and walking around like a zombie by the end. Because I like to leave a place cleaner than how I found it, my OCD tendencies took over. Plus, our friends are moving into our place, and things need to be extra clean for them!

Truth be told, with only one 5 mile run this week so far, I’m a little worried about Baumholder. I’m starting to kick myself for signing up for this triathlon in the middle of moving. What was I thinking? I’m borrowing a bike since mine has been packed and sent off with our household goods already. I’ve had no time to workout this week.

I’m going to just keep telling myself that this week is a “taper” week. It is better to be over-rested than over-trainined right? I guess all I can do is my best on race day, and try not to worry about it!

Any races for you all soon?

• Jessica @ How Sweet June 23, 2010, 3:52 pm

I am sure that you will kill the tri!

• Erica June 23, 2010, 3:59 pm

Hey! How are you? Phew! Lots going on over there! Love the pictures- cute one of you and the husband. I’m not sure how I’d feel about swimming in that water…:) I am totally OCD with cleaning too. Keep pushing for the race. If its getting closer and closer and you don’t think you can do it- drop out! You work VERY hard and are an amazing athlete. Sometimes we can’t do it all though! Sanity is more important 😉

• Heather (Where's the Beach) June 23, 2010, 4:07 pm

While you may be just a wee bit crazy for signing up for a tri during a MAJOR move, I think it’s great that you’re getting in one more race while you’re still there! Just try to enjoy it for what it is. Can’t wait to hear how you do!!!

• Alanna @ Blood, Sweat & Cupcakes June 23, 2010, 4:12 pm

You’ve been super busy! Good luck with moving AND the tri! Can’t wait to hear how it went :)

• Kim June 23, 2010, 5:02 pm

I’m going to miss your Germany posts!!! Photos are so great, and Germany is so pretty! Good luck with your move and your tri!

• claire June 23, 2010, 5:17 pm

I am sure you will do great since you are already such a great athlete lady! It is definitely worse to overtrain. Foam rolling = bliss, doesn’t it?

You have such a sweet hub who will train with you just cause he loves you!

• Miranda @ Mirandasjeans June 23, 2010, 5:43 pm

You will be fine. You’ve done this before and you can rock it out again! It’s crazy how many people are moving at the end of this month in blog world. Good luck and travel safe if we don’t hear from you before the big move!

• Lisa June 23, 2010, 5:49 pm

I have the Hood to Coast Relay race in August. Our team has 12 people in it and we leap-frog legs of the route. I’ll have to be able to do about 18 miles of it!

• lindsay June 23, 2010, 6:05 pm

You’ll probably do better than you think. Half is mental, right? And ya, I’m totally OCD with cleaning. Its helps me vent, haha.
    We’re off to Lubbock this weekend for Buffalo Springs 70.3. Its going to be HOT AND HUMID. ugh!

• Nrmrvrk June 23, 2010, 6:12 pm

Nice sweatshirt. When I was living in the UK, Garmisch-Partenkirchen was my go-to snowboarding trip in the winter. You must be pretty bummed to be leaving.

• Kacy June 23, 2010, 8:55 pm

Wow, that’s awesome that you’re gonna get one more race in before you return to the states! You’ll do great!

• Nichole June 23, 2010, 9:08 pm

Nobody’s a natural. You work hard to get good and then work hard to get better. -Paul Coffeey

Look at all that training you HAVE done. You got this girl. Everyone has the pre-race butterflies of what ifs. I have total faith!

• Tiffany June 24, 2010, 12:23 am

You gotta go with Jagger here, hon…”You can’t always get what you want, but if you ‘TRI’ sometimes, you’ll find you get what you need”. I’m sure that’s what he meant. :) Go get ’em!

• Kristie June 24, 2010, 1:56 am

You’ll be great. I know you will dig deep and knock it out of the park!

• Pure2raw twins June 24, 2010, 3:36 am

You are going to do great in your triathlon, and good luck with the moving!!

• Marisa June 24, 2010, 9:13 am

Girl I know you got this race! You’re a natural and have nothing to worry about. Enjoy yourself and your last race while you’re in Europe, you can rest on the long plane ride back to NM. So sad you’re leaving :( I can’t believe how fast your movers were. Hope our move goes the same way.

• Bill June 26, 2010, 11:01 am

Hehe. Smack dab in the middle of last year’s move here, I did the Country Music Marathon, then the next weekend a duathlon just down the street. That afternoon I was disassembling the bike and putting it in the box for the movers the next day. You’ve gotta have that stress relief.