After a few weeks of living at my sister’s place, this necklace finally made its way to Spokane to me. I originally won it from Mish over at Eating Journey through Silver Maple . That blog is wonderfully raw and inspiring if you haven’t already checked it out.
I absolutely love this idea for a necklace because:
- They look COOL!
- You get to brag about your races.
- This symbolizes all the hard work, effort, and mental growing you did to get to that one race.
You can bet I will be ordering one of these when I complete my first Half Ironman in a little over than a month. Or maybe my husband will order one of these for me, and will put it around my neck after I crawl across the finishline as a nice little surprise?… Hint, hint! 😉
When my sister finally completes her first half marathon, I’m so getting one of these for her as a gift. It takes a lot of hard work to get to that point. Don’t you think she deserves something to symbolize all the hard work?
For me, this symbolizes all the winter runs that I did in the snow, frozen eyelashes in -8 degrees looking like a bank robber, my sore legs and lungs being on fire, all the mental breakdowns on the road, great runs with supportive friends especially after puking, and more that eventually culminated into my first marathon in Paris!
Now, it is your turn to win $30 towards a necklace for yourself that will symbolize so much more than being “just a necklace.” There are going to be 2, yes, TWO WINNERS!!!!
All you have to do:
*****This is mandatory: Visit the Silver Maple website, and tell me which necklace you would get and what you would want it to say.
For optional more entries (separate comments):
* Mention and link to this on your blog, then leave me a comment with the link telling me about it.
* Tweet about this giveaway, and leave a comment telling me about it.
* Subscribe to my blog in google reader or another type of reader, and leave a comment telling me about it.
* Tell me what race you are racing in next.
The winners will be chosen at random and announced next Monday (8/16/2010) at 6pm PST !!!! Get to entering!!!!
P.S. Thanks to Physical Assistant Therapy Schools website for mentioning my blog in the “50 Informative & Inspiring Blogs for Triathletes” !!