Semi-Wordless Weekend: Snowshoeing, Family, and Good Eats – Geek Turned Athlete

Semi-Wordless Weekend: Snowshoeing, Family, and Good Eats

Besides being thankful

DSC07812.jpg

Yes, people were actually cross-country skiing down my street!!!

DSC07814.jpg DSC07815.jpg

There was only one thing we could do after seeing this: Break out the snowshoes!!!

DSC07865.JPG DSC07866.JPG

DSC07867.JPG DSC07868.JPG

Besides having an awesome Thanksgiving dinner this year that was completely gluten-free, we hit up some of our favorite spots in town with the parents…

DSC07840.JPG DSC07821.JPG DSC07825.JPG DSC07823.JPG

DSC07827.JPG DSC07832.JPG DSC07836.JPG

Goodbye Parents Breakfast…

DSC07847.jpg

DSC07848.JPG DSC07849.JPG

I know, I took a bite before I snapped the pic. It was worth it!

DSC07860_2.JPG

Do anything exciting this weekend? Eat any good food?!

• Jessica @ How Sweet November 30, 2010, 10:25 am

Holy snow! I wish we had that much!

• Nicole November 30, 2010, 10:28 am

Oh yeah, and it’s been snowing since last night and will continue through Friday!

• genesis November 30, 2010, 10:35 am

i was thinking of signing up for a snowshoeing trip in the nearby park, looks really fun.

my subaru did well in the snow too and I even braved the black ice last night :) i love my AWD, perfect for our winters!

• Erica November 30, 2010, 10:39 am

mmm breakfast out. The best meal ever. That is A LOT of snow!! I had a pretty good weekend- we had lots of to dos to catch up! Had brunch out- that is always delicious

• Julie at Honey B. November 30, 2010, 10:44 am

Gorgeous gorgeous photos. I have to say I am NOT a cold weather person and I could easily move to a place where it’s warm outside all the time. But I’m warming up to the snow and cold. There is nothing like being out in the cold and then coming in to a warm fire or a cozy pub and having a healthy bite and some wine. If it’s that beautiful outside and you’re doing something active to keep you warm… how can I argue! Looks like a great weekend!

• lindsay November 30, 2010, 10:53 am

oh my! I love snow shoeing. I think its because its the only winter activity I am decent at, haha. That white snow is gorgeous!

• Katy November 30, 2010, 11:16 am

Aw, man. I think we got way more than our average amount of snow last year (Philly), so we probably won’t have much this year. I’ll miss it! Looks like fun!

• Kristina @ spabettie November 30, 2010, 11:19 am

ah… the snow is beautiful!! :D

I used to have a house up HIGH in the West Hills… it would snow a lot up there, and we’d SKI down !! :D

our wonderful Thanksgiving was completely gluten free as well… it was great! :D

• Lisa November 30, 2010, 11:24 am

I love your winter wonderland photos! Keep ‘em coming! Portland doesn’t get much snow. :(

I love snowshoeing. What a great workout.

• Sana November 30, 2010, 12:24 pm

Oh my goodness I am kinda of in love with your snow pics. But lets head back to Europe skis and all!

• Abby November 30, 2010, 12:34 pm

Awww the snow is so pretty!!! I want some snow. But just until Christmas. Then I want Spring.

• Ash November 30, 2010, 1:04 pm

What a fun day! I’ve always wanted to try snowshoeing. It looks like so much fun. I’ve heard the snowshoes are expensive though.

• Nicole November 30, 2010, 1:08 pm

The hubs gets issued stuff like snowshoes (usually 2 sets at a time) b/c of his job. I’m glad we don’t ever have to buy any of our adventure gear!

• Heather November 30, 2010, 3:27 pm

What beautiful pictures! We haven’t had snow yet – which is something I am thankful for!

I spend my thanksgiving with my husband’s family – it was great to catch-up and see all the nieces and nephews. I am very thankful to have two wonderful families.

• Maria (RealFitMama) November 30, 2010, 4:00 pm

The snow looks beautiful, but I have to admit that you have it and not me. I’m so NOT ready for snow yet. I am NOT a fan of cold weather at all. I want it to snow on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (only on the grass) and then be done until the next year. It hasn’t quite worked out for me yet. :lol:

Can I just tell you that I LOVE the way you have your pics set up on the post. I cannot figure out how to do that for the life of me.

P.S. Love the snow shoes!!

• Nicole November 30, 2010, 4:18 pm

Thanks!! I blog in ecto. It is easy to do it in live writer too, but I can’t remember how to arrange them in that since I’ve had my mac for a while now. Good luck with the snow. Thank goodness my husband actually likes to shovel snow otherwise I wouldn’t be a happy camper either!

• Kim (Book Worm Runs) November 30, 2010, 5:35 pm

Gorgeous pictures of the snow!!! The puppy is getting so big, too :)

• Kris | iheartwellness.com November 30, 2010, 7:21 pm

Wow!!! Snow! I need some of that here…I love the snow so much :)

I think it looks like you had an amazing weekend with some serious killer food! Awesome!

xxoo

• Alicia @ Addsomesprinkles November 30, 2010, 8:54 pm

Loving your blog, the snow is beautiful!!!

• Georgie @ Georgie Goes Healthy November 30, 2010, 9:29 pm

Wow the snow is just so gorgeous- it is making me excited for the first snow here!

• Georgie @ Georgie Goes Healthy November 30, 2010, 9:32 pm

The snow looks so gorgeous – It’s making me excited for the first snow here!

• Heather @ Get Healthy With Heather December 1, 2010, 1:48 pm

Holy snow heaven! I wish we had that much here. In March I went snow shoeing on mount rainier and had a blast. Would love to go again someday.

• Joanna Burgraf December 2, 2010, 8:08 am

The snow is gorgeous! And the food looks devine!

• Toronto Girl West December 5, 2010, 10:07 am

Everything looks lovely in your neighbourhood! :) Nothing like fresh snow!

You’ll have to give me the low-down on your Spokane faves (we always end up at the same pho place – lol). We’re thinking of heading down that way in between Christmas and New Year’s and it would be cool to get recommendations from a local. That’s right – you’re a local now! :)

• Nicole December 7, 2010, 11:29 am

Whahoo!! Well yes. Call me when you are in town, and Steve and I will take you to some great places!!

• Toronto Girl West December 7, 2010, 8:33 pm

Cool! Do you still have the same number you did when we met up in CDA?

• Lisa December 5, 2010, 5:46 pm

Wow – those snow photos are GORGEOUS!!!!

• Nicole December 5, 2010, 6:42 pm

Absolutely Beautiful!! I’m so happy that you were able to spend time with your family.

• kate December 7, 2010, 9:35 am

Weve had freezing temps but not enough snow to get outside and enjoy it yet!

• Sock Runner January 27, 2011, 8:20 pm

You took really good photos, especially those of the food. How cold was it out there?

• Nicole January 28, 2011, 8:48 am

I think it was like 5 degrees? It was REALLY cold that weekend!