Winter Wonderland – Geek Turned Athlete

Winter Wonderland

So, the running outside has been pretty minimal here lately. This weekend started out with a little snow. Kai was really enjoying it.

Then, we got dumped on, and the temperatures plummeted to the negative numbers!!!

I tried to go out for a run in the negative numbers, and I just couldn’t breathe. I started wheezing. It sucked.

Kai has pretty much stopped enjoying the snow since it is freaking cold!

We got him some booties to go on his walks in so he wouldn’t go crazy with no exercise being stuck in the house.

This morning on my way to teach spin, I glanced at my temperature gauge. It was -10 DEGREES. Yes, NEGATIVE TEN degrees. The kind of cold that just hurts when you get outside.

IMAG0092.jpg

On the plus side, I have been able to find out that my new Subaru handles very well in the snow and ice with it’s all-wheel drive.

And, it IS beautiful outside.

IMAG0094.jpg

The high should be around 22 degrees tomorrow, which I know that I can run in with no problems. The hubs and I are definitely going out for our own little Turkey Day run tomorrow before we stuff ourselves silly with stuffing, mashed potatoes, and pumpkin pie. The parents are in town, so we are going to be cooking and spending time with them too. 😉

“Mom, where am I supposed to poop?”

What are you planning for Thanksgiving? Have you had any crazy weather like me?

On a completely separate note: Just in case you have missed it on Twitter, I signed up for the Arizona Ironman for November 2011. I’m nervous and excited! More details to come!!

• Sana November 24, 2010, 8:52 pm

I can’t believe you are in snow!!!! It does not feel like winter in Maryland!

• Megan November 24, 2010, 9:27 pm

SO cold. We only got down to 15 degrees last night here in Bellingham, WA. HA, the fact that I just said ONLY 15 degrees is crazy. Excited that the temps are supposed to reach 40 tomorrow – hope to run outside. Happy Thanksgiving!

• Julie @SavvyEats November 24, 2010, 9:31 pm

1. I lovvvvve all the puppy pictures.
    2. It doesn’t feel remotely like winter here yet–which is kind of shocking! I don’t mind snow, but it is the -10 degree days that get me!
    3. I lovvvvve you. Happy Thanksgiving!

• Nicole November 24, 2010, 9:33 pm

haha. I love the fact that you made a list that was almost as long as my post.

love ya too!!! I hope you have an absolutely fabulous Thanksgiving and won’t have to be as cold as me!! 😉

• lindsay November 25, 2010, 3:50 am

burrr! Its actually 72F right now here but a hold front comes in tonight and drops it down to 35F. Thats cold for us!
    Kai is just too cute, I can’t get over it!

• Alanna @ Blood, Sweat, and Cupcakes November 25, 2010, 4:43 am

Kai is getting so big, so quick!

The weather here in Newfoundland is up and down as per usual. It was snowing all yesterday, then it all melted, and now it’s fairly mild. Hello cold season!

• Erica November 25, 2010, 4:53 am

Kai is getting SO big!!! I can’t believe all the snow. Nuts. Hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving. We’re headed to my parents. I am finishing up my cooking/baking now.

• Heather (Where's the Beach) November 25, 2010, 6:05 am

Girl I’m cold looking at that snow. Wow. It is pretty at least. We tried boots for one of our pups once. Big fat fail LOL. Happy Thanksgiving.

• Nicole November 25, 2010, 11:34 am

He keeps trying to kick them off!! I didn’t want to get him the size that fits him since he is growing so fast too.

• Lisa November 25, 2010, 1:20 pm

yayayayayaya I am so happy to hear you signed up for an ironman!!! How awesome!! And impressive!!!

• janae@hungryrunnergirl.com November 27, 2010, 12:09 am

Your dog is so adorable!! Looks really cold where you are:)

• Melie November 27, 2010, 9:10 am

Kai is ridiculously adorable! I cannot understand temperatures in Fahrenheit, but -10 is pretty cold in Celsius too. And to think that I was complaining today that temperatures reached 5 degrees Celsius last night and that I cannot run in that freezing temperatures… Well, that should put things into perspective! :-)

• Nicole November 29, 2010, 2:42 pm

-10 degrees F is -23 in Celsius! COLD!! 😉

• Lisa November 29, 2010, 9:42 am

I love the puppy pictures. He is so cute! And I bet he LOVES the snow!

• Liz November 29, 2010, 3:01 pm

How adorable ! I love his booties !!