2010 Adventures - Geek Turned Athlete

2010 Adventures

I didn’t think I could top last year, but I WAS WRONG!! 2010 was another fantastic year, and I am so thankful for the opportunities in my life. I don’t take them for granted at all!!!

** You still have time to enter my Operation Beautiful Giveaway!!

These were just some of the highlights from 2010:

The hubs came home safe from his deployment…

DSC06949.jpg

Partied it up in London

DSC05736.jpg

Met some incredible bloggers at Fitbloggin

DSC06240.jpg

Got my butt kicked in Brussels, Belgium in the Amateurs’ Tour de Flanders

DSC06400.jpg

Ran my 1st Marathon in Paris!

DSC065561.jpg

Ran another Half Marathon a week after my marathon (NOT a good idea) and ended up injuring myself. At least there was a wine festival afterwards!!

DSC06626.jpg

Decided to take my health into my own hands and go gluten free after finding no help with military doctors…

DSC06530.jpg

Went on another fabulous cruise to the Mediterranean where I did a little nude sun bathing and kayaking

DSC06793.jpg

Cycled through Tuscany with my love…

Thoroughly enjoyed my last triathlon in Germany the day before I flew back to the states for good…

DSC09236.jpg

We moved from our home in Germany back to the states into a new home…

DSC07569.jpg

Participated in my 1st triathlon in the states!! They are a LOT different than competing in Europe!!!

DSC09512.jpg

Competed in my 1st and 2nd Relay Races!

relay.jpg

Completed my 1st Half Ironman. It was NOT all roses…

DSC09903.jpg

Added another family member

DSC07686.jpg

And… Graduated with my Masters Degree!!!

DSC07923.jpg

Phew! I didn’t realize that I did all those things (and more) until I started going through all of my posts from this year. No wonder I was stressed out at times! haha. Craziness. Next year, the traveling might be a little less since we are back in the states (and I need to get a REAL job), but the adventures will keep coming especially with my attempt at my first Ironman in Arizona coming up in November.

What were some highlights this year for you?

• Kim (Book Worm Runs) December 31, 2010, 5:42 am

Wow, what an amazing year you had!! I hope 2011 is just as wonderful 🙂 Happy New year!

• karen December 31, 2010, 5:49 am

Wow – you did have quite the year! Love all the pics but my favorite one is the first one. So sweet 🙂

• Pure2raw twins December 31, 2010, 5:57 am

You have had such an amazing year!! We are so glad we had the chance to meet you at Fitbloggin! You are an amazing person, so many good things to come to you in the new year!!

• Erica December 31, 2010, 9:06 am

You had SUCH an amazing year! Who can say they ran their first marathon in Paris? Just awesome. I love reading about your adventures. I’ve had a great year as well…>I’m hoping to do a highlights post soon too!

• lindsay December 31, 2010, 10:36 am

definitely a year of firsts for you. Including that sweet puppy Kai! Happy New year friend!
    LC

• Melie December 31, 2010, 10:42 am

Happy new year! I hope 2011 is even more exciting! By the way, the cycling tour in Tuscany was the the best honey moon idea ever! Well worth the waiting… 🙂

• Heather Hetz December 31, 2010, 2:33 pm

I am flippin exhausted now after reading all of that 🙂 Good grief! I love it Nicole…you are living life to it’s fullest!! xo

• Nicole December 31, 2010, 6:49 pm

You do too! Dropping everything including a very high paying job to move to Australia and pursue a dream? That sounds pretty gutsy to me. You have some balls, Heather!!

You better get to blogging more too!! I want to keep track of what you are doing!! 😉

• Toronto Girl West January 1, 2011, 8:49 am

So many changes all in one year – but you’ve handled it all beautifully! 🙂 I’ve no doubt 2011 will be amazing for your family of three!!!

PS: You’re doing a full Ironman? You’re amazing!!!

• Beth January 1, 2011, 7:19 pm

Gorgeous photos! I especially want a new puppy now. 🙂

• Beth January 9, 2011, 10:29 am

Wow, that is an incredible year! Congrats on all your success. Maybe take at least one rest day this year? 🙂

• Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans January 10, 2011, 12:52 pm

Wow! You had an amazing year! And your new puppy is absolutely adorable…makes me want another one 🙂

• Anne P January 15, 2011, 4:52 am

I absolutely love these 2010 recap posts – it’s amazing to see how much people have done! Amazing year.

I’m curious – how are tri’s in the US different? 🙂

• Nicole January 15, 2011, 7:56 am

They are different distances, a lot more laid back, MORE beer. 😉 They also start later than a lot of races do in the U.S. That also goes for a lot of running races. There was a half marathon that I went to that started at 6:30pm. Which I think is just crazy since that is the time you should start drinking. Well, so do the Germans, evidently, b/c there were a lot of drunk people at that race! haha

The last one that I did the day before I left Germany was a 1500 meter swim, 27 mile bike (was supposed to be 32, but for some reason some of the course was under construction), and an 8.5 mile run. Not really standard distances in the U.S.. 😉

• Anne P January 15, 2011, 12:10 pm

So funny. And totally makes sense – I mean, it’s Europe, they do what they want 😉