Christmas Running Weekend - Geek Turned Athlete

Christmas Running Weekend

Merry Christmas!! At least, I hope you had a Merry Christmas or a Happy Kwanza or Hanukkah or whatever you celebrate. 🙂

The hubs and I spent the weekend in Spokane by ourselves. He was on call for work, so we had to stay in town. Our weekend consisted of baking, cooking, reading, tons of television watching, cuddling, and running. The hubs and I finally had a weekend to ourselves with absolutely nothing we had to get done. It was wonderful.

Back to the running…

Do you see the roses or at least the rose bushes?

DSC07899.JPG DSC07900.JPG

Kai had a blast running around multiple parks as fast as he wanted to.

He also had a stare down with some ducks on a mostly frozen pond…

Hockey, anyone?

DSC07910.JPG DSC07914.JPG

I thought the hubs was right behind me. I guess he was hiding in the bushes all paparazzi-like.

Now, my little weim is curled up and asleep in my arms. Go figure, after running around like a maniac all day. 😉

I have to admit, I do miss the holidays with my family back in NM. I haven’t had a Christmas with them in 3 years since we were in Europe for the last two (at least we got to travel the day after Christmas last year), and not able to leave due to the hub’s work for this one. Even though it is hard not being with my family during the holidays, the hubs and the puppy made everything alright. I’m glad that I at least had them to spend this time of year with.

I’ve got an awesome giveaway coming this week that will help you start your new year right, and I’m working on next year’s Ironman training plan. REAL off season training begins next week!!!

What did you do this weekend? Did you spend it with extended family or did you just chill at home?

• genesis December 27, 2010, 7:53 pm

wow, your snow hasnt melted. ours is practically gone, but supposed to get a new set this week…fun!

this weekend i had a sick boy at home 🙁 so our christmas was spent sipping chicken noodle soup and trying to not get sick. your weekend looked more fun than mine.

• Sana December 27, 2010, 9:04 pm

I am so happy you got to spend the holiday with the love of your life :)!

• Melie December 27, 2010, 9:19 pm

Seriously, Kai is growing so fast! I hope that you can spend Christmas with all of your family next year, but until then it looks that you had so much fun! I can’t wait for actual training season to start either, though I am not even close to an Ironman! I’ll let the cool stuff for you and stick to my measly running… 🙂

• Toronto Girl West December 27, 2010, 9:38 pm

I’ve been sick like a dog – so I’ve spent the bulk of the Holidays on my couch.

Boo! 🙁

I made an exception for Christmas Eve (we celebrated with co-workers) and the next day I had a horrible fever. Thankfully I’m getting heaps better.

Which brings me to our plans for later this week. If I’m feeling better we plan on heading down on the 30th to check out the lights in CDA. Are you guys around then?

• lindsay December 28, 2010, 4:03 am

oh kai just melts my heart! So cute. Love that run in the snow. I can’t wait to hear about your ironman training. season comes so soon!
    LC

• Joanna Burgraf December 28, 2010, 9:32 am

I was really looking forward to your Christmas post and seeing what outdoor activities you were up to! It’s so gorgeous where you live.

I spent my Christmas with tons of family eating, watching movies and hanging out with my cousin’s baby. It was really nice and relaxing.

• Lisa December 28, 2010, 10:31 am

It sounds like you had the perfect weekend! Snuggling, movies, tv! Great run too!

• Mike December 28, 2010, 11:17 am

Nicole this is your time! Just graduating and then an Ironman in 2011? Everyone should be jealous of you for sure!

Mike

• Erica December 28, 2010, 2:26 pm

SO fabulous. We just got back from a week in Florida with Josh’s family. It was A LOT of fun…but I’m totally craving alone time and downtime with Josh. Kai is getting SO big!

• Katherine December 29, 2010, 11:09 am

Wow, the weather is beautiful where you live! I’m not actually jealous of the snow (I think it’s pretty, but I hate to be cold), but man, it’s gorgeous.
    How great to have a weekend to yourselves! Those are too rare.