This is a compensated review from BlogHer and So Delicious®.
I was compensated for this review, but all the opinions reflected on this blog are my own. You know how honest I am about EVERYTHING on this blog! Read my race recaps, and you will find that out if you haven’t noticed already.
As you all know, I try to stay away from dairy most of the time since it does a number on my stomach. I’m always trying to figure out how to make my meals sans dairy.
The hubs and I are big proponents of non-GMOs. We try to buy the least amount of genetically modified foods as possible, and that can be very difficult sometimes.
I’m also gluten intolerant. I sound high maintenance, don’t I? haha. I am. I admit it.
You can imagine that I was quite delighted when I was chosen to be part of the So Delicious Program through Blogher. Visit thir Official site! I don’t promote things on my blog very often unless I believe in the product AND it fits my lifestyle.
As part of their program, I was sent a coupon for a free half gallon of their coconut milk and an 8-pack of their vanilla milk singles.
This is their product information:
Life should be a delicious adventure. So at So Delicious ® Dairy Free, we’re committed to making dairy-free natural foods that celebrate great taste.
Like our So Delicious Coconut Milk. Smooth and creamy, with a light, refreshing taste, it’s rich in MCFAs. Medium-chain fatty acids are a good fat and provide the energy you need to live life to the fullest.
- Made from Organic Coconut
- Certified Non-Gmo
- Naturally Energizing
- Tastes Just Like Milk—Only Better!
That is a long list of good things especially for people with “high maintenance” intolerances and/or preferences. And what other dairy-free milk can you say all those things about?? Keep reading, this giveaway is GOOD!!
So, for the past week, I have been trying out the So Delicious Coconut Milk in different ways. So far I have:
1.Poured it in my cereal (less slimy than my normal almond milk)
2. Combined the Vanilla coconut milk and a scoop of my protein powder as a post workout recovery drink
3. Made my oatmeal with it!! Really creamy, and when I topped it with coconut butter I felt like I was off in the Caribbean somewhere rather than in 20 degree weather in Spokane.
4. Substituted the milk that was called for my peanut butter chocolate chip cookies for the So Delicious Coconut Milk. I could not tell the difference, and they tasted great like they always do. I paired them with a glass of the coconut milk as well. Great for cookie dipping!
5. Hot Chocolate!!!!! My husband, a long time organic whole “cow” milk drinker, drank some too, and he ACTUALLY LIKED it!! Victory!
6. Combined 1 Vanilla Coconut Milk Single and 1 cup of regular coconut milk with 2 cups of mixed frozen berries and 1 scoop of protein powder in the blender for my post “butt kicking” track workout recovery drink / dinner. It was late. I was tired. A shake was easy, and the good fats from the Coconut Milk and the protein I added filled me up. And it actually tasted good. That’s always a plus.
7. Added a splash to my Chai Tea the other day with my afternoon snack. It added just enough creaminess to the tea without making me heavy after drinking it.
So Delicious is also doing a So Delicious Sweepstakes…
So Delicious® 100 Days of Change
“Raise a glass to all of life’s delicious possibilities by entering to win our surprise-a-day giveaway called100 Days of Change.
What is it? A fantastic, surprise-a-day sweepstakes you can enter on Facebook. One change-for-the-better prize each day, FOR 100 DAYS – all ending with the Grand Prize – a 14-day trip for two to Kamalaya Wellness Sanctuary & Holistic Spa on the island of Koh Samui in Thailand.
We chose 100 great prizes for you to win to help you change your life for the better. All you have to do is enter. The fun starts Thursday, February 22 and ends Friday, May 20, 2011. Enter daily to increase your chances of winning the Grand Prize trip to the Kamalaya Wellness Sanctuary & Holistic Spa.”
Entering is simple – just visit the “Giveaway” tab at http://goo.gl/DiTyJ.
You can also be picked to win a $100 Visa Gift Card. I personally would spend it on more races fees, but that is just me! The Sweepstakes is open between 2/22/11 and 3/20/11!!! The sweepstakes is NOW CLOSED!!!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
a) Leave a comment telling me how you would use So Delicious Coconut Milk!!
b) Tweet about this promotion and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post– make sure you include @GeekTurnAthlete (my twitter handle) in your tweet!!
c) Blog about this promotion and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
d) For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older.
Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail.
You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
- And there are also other chances to win.
- Also check out:
Oh, and can I just say that Kai liked it too. He kept trying to lick the cap during the little “photo shoot.”