Snippy Snippy – Geek Turned Athlete

Snippy Snippy

** Update: Vet called.  He has Kennel Cough.  He is sending him home with antibiotics, and Kai gets to keep his balls for one more week.  Oye.

I dropped Kai off at the vet this morning to be neutered…

This was the dog park yesterday. A slushy mess. His last run with his “manhood,” my husband says.

I’m kinda worried about him because he has had such a bad reaction to every medication we have given him. He is 6 months, and it is time. Plus, I’m not working right now, so it is great that I get to stay home and watch him. I’m sure he will be fine! Ah, but I’m freaking out. The vet should be calling later this morning. They are keeping him all day.

These will be gone by this afternoon!!

Will keep you guys updated!!

• Kristina @ spabettie March 3, 2011, 9:29 am

sweet pup – he will be fine!! I totally understand though, about fur babies :)

I LOVE the photo of him standing on the bench… so very regal!
    Kristina @ spabettie recently posted..when veggies last in the snowyard bloom’d

• Nicole March 3, 2011, 9:31 am

He does that all the time! He is going to be a great hunting dog. He has the pointing down. 😉

• Heather (Where's the Beach) March 3, 2011, 9:38 am

He is just such a gorgeous dog. I know you’re worried, but he’ll be fine (probably super groggy and totally chill though).
    Heather (Where’s the Beach) recently posted..Back to Tuesday- Baked Italian-Style Quinoa- NuNaturals- Car Pics

• Beth March 3, 2011, 9:44 am

Aw, I hope his surgery goes well!

• Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me March 3, 2011, 10:36 am

OH no! Kennel cough is rough. My dog had it at one point and listening to the poor thing cough was gut-wrenching. Yep, I’m that big a sap! lol

• lindsay March 3, 2011, 10:38 am

LOL!! That just made my day. SNIP SNIP!
    lindsay recently posted..Challenge Complete

• Toronto Girl West March 3, 2011, 12:09 pm

Oh no for kennel cough! :( Poor little pup.

And I think it’s okay to be freaked out – I was worried about Daisy too. So the Vet showed me where everything would happen and where they would keep her until I came back. I felt better immediately. Plus he was super nice! :)
    Toronto Girl West recently posted..The Best Bagels West of New York–Big Bang Bagels

• Nicole March 3, 2011, 12:34 pm

I should totally ask the vet about that next week when I take him in. I would love to see where they are going to keep him!

• Erica March 3, 2011, 1:51 pm

oh goodness! Frank had kennel cough when he was a baby. Its tough to get this done…but important. I just hated when Frank had to wear the cone
    Erica recently posted..M- Pound Cake Two Ways

• Ryan March 3, 2011, 3:00 pm

Does your family eat the neutered testicles too? :)
    Ryan recently posted..Special Statement

• Nicole March 3, 2011, 5:17 pm

Oh, boy Kai, He’ll be ok. He is a beautiful dog!!

• Joanna Burgraf March 4, 2011, 2:36 pm

Your pup is so handsome! I have to say a I’m a little jealous because I’ve always wanted a dog in my life. Growing up my brother and dad were allergic, so we couldn’t have any furry animals in the house. Now my job/lifestyle has me out of the house the majority of all days so I don’t think it would be fair to a new puppy. I haven’t ruled it out for the future, so it’s fun for me to read your posts about Kai so I can get an idea of what it’s like to have a dog. Hope all goes well with the surgery.
    Joanna Burgraf recently posted..Random Report- Balls- Hancock and Lunch