Swimsuit Shopping - Geek Turned Athlete

Swimsuit Shopping

So, I need your guys’ help!! The last few times I have gone swimming, it has felt like I have a parachute substituted for the butt part of my swimsuit. Granted, it is probably harder training that way, it is quite embarassing getting out of the pool with extra material hanging down to my knees. haha. Well, it isn’t quite that bad, but you get the picture. The breast part of the swimsuit is starting to lose support as well. The last thing I want is to be flopping around everywhere at the pool where I’m already almost naked. Β All signs point to: I need a new swimsuit. It has been 2 years, and I think it is time!

Here are my choices for a new suit:

#1
Screen shot 2011-03-10 at 8.38.31 AM.png

#2

Screen shot 2011-03-10 at 8.39.47 AM.png

#3

Screen shot 2011-03-10 at 8.40.01 AM.png

#4

Screen shot 2011-03-10 at 8.45.10 AM.png

If you had to pick one for yourself, which one would you pick??? I need your help, and I’ve got to order one soon! These suits are good quality (I love TYR), but they are expensive. I want to spend my $$ on something I wouldn’t mind looking at for at least a year.

Oh, and I dropped Kai off at the vet this morning for our second attempt at snippy snippy! Please send good vibes that his sensitive little tummy isn’t that upset when he gets home. πŸ˜‰

• Carolyn @ Lovin' Losing March 10, 2011, 9:01 am

Definitely #1!

• Jess March 10, 2011, 9:03 am

I vote #1! I love the neckline on it!
    Jess recently posted..Workin’ it out with passion

• Erica March 10, 2011, 9:07 am

I like #4!
    Erica recently posted..E- Pumpkin Granola Bars &amp Getting Dressed

• Heather (Where's the Beach) March 10, 2011, 9:08 am

I actually like #3. I think it looks tropical but not frufru
    Heather (Where’s the Beach) recently posted..Back to Running &amp Stir Fry for Wok Wednesday

• 'Drea March 10, 2011, 9:09 am

#1
    ‘Drea recently posted..My Shero – The Sore One

• Fit Chick Britt March 10, 2011, 9:14 am

I’d definitely pick #1 for me (and you) πŸ™‚

• Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me March 10, 2011, 9:29 am

I love the first one. Pink polka dots. Super cute!
    Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..Much Mad Men and the ABC’s

• Sue @ Sue In Training March 10, 2011, 9:32 am

I’d personally take #2. Love that it’s reversible. They all look great, actually.
    Sending out positive thoughts to little Kai!
    Sue @ Sue In Training recently posted..Running Through The Party

• Heather March 10, 2011, 9:45 am

#1 all the way!
    Heather recently posted..Marathon Lusting and a Rockin Home Workout

• lindsay March 10, 2011, 10:06 am

I heard Durafast is awesome! You should get Splish suits to desing you one!
    lindsay recently posted..Finding Your Smile

• Kara March 10, 2011, 10:21 am

I love #1! That’s the one I’d pick for myself πŸ™‚
    Kara recently posted..Taper crazies

• Emily March 10, 2011, 10:22 am

I like #2 and #3. I know that’s only mildly helpful…
    Emily recently posted..Half Marathon Race Report

• Ali March 10, 2011, 10:43 am

I looooove number 1, but I am totally partial to polka dots! I think I would like it in black and white πŸ™‚

• Joanna B. March 10, 2011, 11:36 am

#3 in the color shown for me. I was on the swim team in high school and we used to double up our suits for drag during practice (not sure if you do this already). If you ever want the extra challenge you can put your old suit over the new one, it builds strength so that when you race you go faster with less drag. We were hardcore, we also went the whole season without shaving our legs (it was very uncomfortable for me).
    Joanna B. recently posted..Four Steps for Drinking Success

• Nicole March 10, 2011, 1:20 pm

I didn’t know I was being hardcore by not shaving my legs!! Perfect!

• Lori March 10, 2011, 11:44 am

I’d go for #1 myself.

• Alicia S March 10, 2011, 12:13 pm

I like #1 or #2. Check your email. I just emailed you a coupon code for TYR. πŸ™‚

• Beth March 10, 2011, 12:36 pm

Ooh, I love the bubbles! But before you spend $70+, check out swimoutlet.com or a store like TJ Maxx or Marshalls, if you have them. I can usually find suits for $30-$40 there. They may not be the prettiest, but they get the job done!

• Nicole March 10, 2011, 9:26 pm

I usually only shop at swimoutlet.com and have been for years. I love that website!! I also like to shop the TYR website to make sure that I’m really getting a deal on swimoutlet.com. Thanks for the tips!!

• Sara Stainbrook March 10, 2011, 12:50 pm

OH my goodness I am IN LOVE with #1 and kind of sort of want to get it myself even though I have absolutely no reason too πŸ™‚
    Sara Stainbrook recently posted..Lent

• Sarah for Real March 10, 2011, 1:17 pm

I like #3, that print is really modern and cute. I also like the print on #1 but more than that, I really feel better in a suit where the straps cross in the back. I’m not well blessed in that area but nonetheless, I feel better knowing an “oops my strap fell off my shoulder and my boob popped out” sorta situation is 100% eliminated. The creepy old men will be disappointed but too bad.

• Nicole March 10, 2011, 1:26 pm

I have flashed many old men at the pool (when I first starting training, I wore a 2 piece halter top that was NOT made to swim laps in. haha) and wish to avoid all peepshows for the future!

• Marisa March 10, 2011, 1:30 pm

I like #3! Sending good vibes for Kai…hope all goes well and he actually gets the snippy snip today πŸ˜€

• Alanna @ Blood, Sweat, and Cupcakes March 10, 2011, 4:16 pm

I REALLY like the first one, I’d wear that one any day!
    Alanna @ Blood, Sweat, and Cupcakes recently posted..What Im reading right now

• Kat March 10, 2011, 4:45 pm

I’m torn between #2 and #3

• Megan March 10, 2011, 7:45 pm

I had #4 last year and honestly, I always wore it on the black side. the color side faded a lot. I really like the 1st one, I think I might have to get it! I LOVE TYR suits. LOVE.
    Megan recently posted..Moving- again- kinda

• Nicole March 10, 2011, 9:28 pm

Oh man!! What color did you get for #4? Maybe that had something to do with it? I know, I love TYR too. πŸ˜‰

• steena March 11, 2011, 5:10 am

Would you hate me if I said I didn’t like any of them? hehehe. I like a more solid color, but with a little pattern on the sides, or a couple stripes, or something. And, black, is, well, boring…Sorry, you asked!
    I actually had to get a new suit last week too, my last suit that I loved got too big for me! Weird how swimming gets you into shape!
    steena recently posted..Test run- the good and the wtf

• Nicole March 11, 2011, 9:44 am

No, I’m not offended! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Everyone is different. When I first started swimming, I went with the most plain solid colored swimsuit. Over the years, I’ve gotten way more into color. I don’t know why that is, but I like busy swimsuits now. πŸ˜‰

• Carrie Symes March 11, 2011, 6:00 am

I Love # 3!!!
    Carrie Symes recently posted..Weigh In

• Katy March 11, 2011, 2:15 pm

Liking #1…and you can always use the old one as a drag suit! Man it’s been a long time since I felt strong enough to need that!
    Katy recently posted..Mission Productivity Underway

• Amy March 11, 2011, 4:54 pm

I’ve never commented before, but I must tell you that I LOVE #1! It’s really cute!
    Amy recently posted..Week 1 – Workout A

• Nicole March 12, 2011, 11:57 am

Thanks for coming out of lurking and commenting!! πŸ˜‰

• Leila @ Spinach and Skittles March 12, 2011, 9:51 am

I really like #1
    Leila @ Spinach and Skittles recently posted..Fashion Friday- TFIG!

• Toronto Girl West March 12, 2011, 5:24 pm

I don’t know if you made your choice already but I love #1! It’s fun and cute! πŸ™‚
    Toronto Girl West recently posted..Foto Friday–Sendai

• LC March 22, 2011, 1:17 pm

I know you already ordered your suit, but for the next time you need one- if you do a search on ‘grab bag’ on the swimoutlet site- you can get really cheap suits. TYR, Speedo, etc. You don’t get to pick the color/pattern (they do let you choose solid or print)- it’s ‘get what you get’ but it just kills me to pay $70 for a swim suit, the grab bag prices are 50-70% less. I order them a couple at a time and just rotate them through masters practices. Sometimes you end up with a really fugly one, but most are just the leftovers from last season’s designs. Happy swimming!