Typical Trainer Rides – Geek Turned Athlete

Typical Trainer Rides

**This was supposed to have posted yesterday. I have no clue what happened!!

It is amazing to me how people who have never met can connect and be so inspiring!! Thank you for all the wonderful encouraging comments from my last post. I appreciate it, I really do. When I do end up scoring a job, trust me, I will let you know!!

The good news is that I was able to do a lot of networking this week, and that was also encouraging. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I was able to get in a 90 min trainer ride as well today. This was my view. I like to torture myself and watch the Food Network while I’m spinning away on my bike.

I also don’t bother putting my hair up efficiently. What is the point? I’m just at home. Hello, frizz brought on by all the storms we have been having lately!

Go, go, go!!!

DSC08154.JPG DSC08155.JPG

Kai, please don’t chew on my Calculus book. I’m still a geek and like to do Calculus when I’m stressed.

DSC08156.jpg

Pay attention to me, mom!!!!

DSC08157.JPG DSC08158.JPG

If you don’t want to pay attention to me, I’ll bite your foot!!

Yes, riding the trainer at home without my husband or anyone else around to pay attention to my puppy is asking for it. My puppy clearly has issues. He needs to be the center of attention all the time.

Since it is Foodie Friday, I thought I would post some pics of some of what I have been eating all week.

Chickpea cutlets (if you don’t own a copy of Veganomicon, you are living in a hole!), traditional Italian white beans, asparagus, monster salads, gluten free cracked pepper sweet potato biscuits, and of course, my Ethiopian Spiced Chickpeas ๐Ÿ˜‰

DSC08174.JPG DSC08166.JPG DSC08171.JPG
DSC08161.JPG DSC08178.JPG

How did your week go? If you do any trainer rides, how do they turn out? I’m finding them incredibly boring lately. I probably need to invest in some Spinnervals DVD’s or break out my own plans for spin class.

• Hilary March 26, 2011, 2:21 pm

I just recently found your blog via twitter and love it! I’m a triathlete as well, and I LOVE my trainer! It’s nice to hear about other people spinning away in their homes going nowhere :) I wish I could find a more comfy saddle for my tri bike, but after trying a bunch, I feel like it’s just the downside of cycling (especially for women). What saddle do you have?

• Nicole March 27, 2011, 10:48 am

Welcome! I use a Terry: Falcon X. I love it. I’m sure it will be even more comfortable once I get professionally fit on my bike. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Matt @ The Athlete's Plate March 26, 2011, 3:12 pm

I did a few trainer rides this week! Two were great and one was terrible ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..Do As I Say- Not As I Do

• lindsay March 26, 2011, 3:53 pm

oh I have that cookbook, thanks to YOU!!! I need to try out that recipe. And trainer rides, we put on the ironman videos or tour de france. okay, the hubs does, I just go along with it. hehe.
    lindsay recently posted..A Successful Runnerโ€ฆโ€ฆ

• Nicole March 27, 2011, 10:49 am

I just use some gf flour in place of the vital wheat gluten. Tastes fine to me!

• Erica March 26, 2011, 4:56 pm

hahaha- whenever I exercise, Frank seems to want to get in on the action too. The eats look yummy-especially those sweet potato biscuits. Hope the rest of your weekend is fantastic
    Erica recently posted..E- Tilapia &amp Veggie Packets

• Megan March 26, 2011, 6:44 pm

I tapered this week – so no trainer rides. But I want to spin my legs out tomorrow (had a half mary today), so I’ll probably hop on the trainer OR if it happens to not rain, maybe go for a bike ride outside. Who rides bikes outside anymore?! :)
    Megan recently posted..Going fast and taking chances

• Nicole March 27, 2011, 10:50 am

I plan on being outside quite a bit once the weather gets better. I get so jealous when I hear about all the people riding their bikes in the south!

• Lisa March 26, 2011, 9:52 pm

I am definitely bored with the bike trainer these days! The nice weather in Tucson ruined me for Rainy Oregon. Boo. Looking forward to weather improving soon so I can bike outside!

• grandma lucy March 27, 2011, 2:54 pm

nicole
    you are doing and accomplisng many things that I always wanted to do. I am so proud of you. wanted to wish you a very Happy Birthday. Let me know how you celebrated. love grandma

• Nicole March 27, 2011, 4:25 pm

Thanks grandma!!! I love you! Don’t worry, I will let you know the details after tomorrow. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• steena March 27, 2011, 3:45 pm

You DO torture yourself with the Food Network on, geeeez! :) It looks tasty, whatever it is. My puppy does that too when I’m on my spinner, gives me that look, play with me!!!!!
    steena recently posted..This is my heart on delusion

• Christina March 27, 2011, 4:32 pm

Ah love your blog! I can’t wait to read more! haha, and totally agree. Watching Food Network has its perks, but I get soooo hungry.

• Beth March 28, 2011, 6:51 pm

I’m beginning to grow very tired of the trainer, too. Have you tried Robbie Ventura’s RealRides training videos? They’re different than Spinnervals and take place out on the road. The intervals are a little more interesting too. They definitely improved my performance last year and kept me from getting so bored!
    Beth recently posted..Weโ€™ve Moved!

• Nicole March 28, 2011, 8:51 pm

No I haven’t. Thank you for suggesting them!