I posted last week about starting a new job and feeling a little discouraged because I missed a few workouts. This was because of my migraines last week, but a lot of you said that you were struggling with fitting it all in. Some of you wrote about some tips that help you follow. Your tips were great, and along with posting some of yours, I thought I would post some of my own!!
Do you like the Kai snot on the mirror? Yum.
Here are my tips…
I like getting all my workout/work stuff ready the night before. This pic (above) includes my work clothes, swim crap, and shower stuff for after the swim.
Pack your lunch/snacks the night before. You won’t have time in the morning. Just get it done before you go to bed. Trust me on this. It is much better than having to go get fast food on your lunch break and eating crap because you didn’t plan ahead. This is actually part of two lunches. I brought a lot of food (fruit, nuts, protein powder, chia seeds, carbs) to work yesterday for the rest of week, and I needed to add this food to my stash.
Tips from you guys:
- “Lists and prioritizing is the only way I get through! And exercise helps with the de-stressing.”
- “I get up at 0430 to get in my masters swim and warrior fitness training. I go to bed early,but I’m ok with that.”
- “I find the best way to avoid going home and staying home after work is to just not go home! I try to take my gear with me and just go right after work…”
- “Exercise in the morning. If you need to work out twice a day then definitely leave no room for temptation after work. Bring your exercise clothes with you or lay them at home and immediately go run/bike/whatever. To make your time more efficient in the morning, make your lunch/breakfast and get everything ready the night before.”
- Train during your lunch hour, or cut your lunch hour short to get off from work early to work out!
- “I now make deals with myself – if I don’t work out in the AM, I HAVE to do something after work not matter how tired I feel. Oh, and if i workout after work, it has to be the minute I leave the office cause if I sit on my couch for one minute, it’s way to hard to get up and workout.”
- “So on Sunday evening I prep 3 oatmeals, bake some scones/protein muffins, or make some egg sandwiches so I have easy grab and go meals. Lunch is always leftovers – and I pack it all the night before, fill my water bottles, prep the coffee, etc. so I can hit the ground running in the morning.”
- “I’ll always offer to meet the wife and kids somewhere that we’re going (relatives house, YMCA, etc) and either run or bike there.”
Great tips!! The problem with me last week was all the migraines that I got from not being used to staring at a computer screen for 9 hours at a time! This week, I’ve been chugging water and taking very short walking breaks every hour to give my eyes a rest in addition to really paying attention to my posture while I’m working on the computer. This is all so I can make it to my track practice and other workouts. It has been working!! Last week, I had 4 migraines. I don’t want to jinx myself, but no migraines so far this week…;)
Got anymore tips to add??