Dangling Over the Edge – Geek Turned Athlete

Dangling Over the Edge

It was Spouse Appreciation Day today for my husband’s squadron, and because he often works in a helicopter, I got to take a ride on one around Spokane. The doors were open the entire time, and it was a rush! The crew was wonderful, and answered all of our questions. ;)

DSC08264.jpg

The only thing that was holding me in when we made sharp turns was this little seat belt. I really felt like I could just fall out if I wanted to for some of the turns!

Yes, my foot was outside. CRAZY!!

I was hanging out of the helicopter for this one…

DSC08296.jpg

Hanging out again…

We waved to some people that we saw out, and they actually waved back! I just waved wildly after that, so amazed that they actually waved back, with a huge smile on my face. Such a nerd!

A cemetery…

It was so great to see my husband’s point of view, and boy, was it wonderful. :)

I hope you all had a great Friday. Have a wonderful weekend!

Are you scared of heights?? Have you ever ridden in a helicopter or gone sky diving? There were a few turns that made my stomach a little uneasy!  I went skydiving a few years ago, and it was awesome as well. ;)

• RunEatRepeat May 6, 2011, 8:39 pm

So cool! How did you take all those pictures? I would have been shaking!!
    RunEatRepeat recently posted..I Like Big Drinks and I Cannot Lie

• Lisa May 6, 2011, 9:03 pm

Yes!! Scared of heights. But that’s cool that you did it!! Great photos. :)

• Katie @ Up Fit Creek May 7, 2011, 4:17 am

Wow! What an amazing experience!

Heights don’t phase me at all. I’ve never been sky diving or ridden in a helicopter, but both are on my bucket list.
    Katie @ Up Fit Creek recently posted..Cinco de My-Oh-My

• Jess May 7, 2011, 5:24 am

Wow!! Those are some amazing shots – I can’t believe you went so close to the edge, I’d freak out I think!
    Jess recently posted..What I worked Wednesday and Mon- and Tues- and…

• Alanna @ Blood, Sweat, and Cupcakes May 7, 2011, 5:47 am

wow! What a great experience! I love that you got to see it the way your husband sees it, without a lot of the pressures of course :)
    Alanna @ Blood, Sweat, and Cupcakes recently posted..Toffee Bars

• Nicole May 7, 2011, 3:33 pm

Oh yeah. I don’t think I could of handled someone shooting at us!

• Erica May 7, 2011, 5:53 am

Wow, how cool is that? I actually kind of love heights. Happy fur baby mamas day

• Nicole May 7, 2011, 3:34 pm

Happy Mother’s day to YOU!!! ;)

• Leila @ Spinach and Skittles May 7, 2011, 10:20 am

Oh wow, awesome pictures! I am petrified of heights – I don’t think I would ever be able to ride in a helicopter ;)
    Leila @ Spinach and Skittles recently posted..Microwave Scrambled Eggs

• jrm May 7, 2011, 10:30 am

That is so cool. You took some great pictures!

• Pure2raw twins May 7, 2011, 4:37 pm

amazing pictures!! What an amazing adventure! I would of been freaking out, haha

• Ash @ Good Taste. Healthy Me May 8, 2011, 6:41 am

Yay what fun! I’ve never been in a helicopter. I think I can handle that but skydiving? No way!!
    Ash @ Good Taste. Healthy Me recently posted..Unexpected Turn of Events

• Stephanie @ The Cookie Battle May 9, 2011, 8:25 am

I’m not afraid of heights, but I would never go skydiving or anything like that because I hate the feeling of falling. That helicopter ride looks amazing though, I would definitely do that!

• Jena May 9, 2011, 12:29 pm

Oh my gosh, that is so amazing! Your pictures are so awesome!

I don’t think I’m afraid of heights. I went on this ride called the Sky Coaster @ Old Town in Kissimmee, Fl and I don’t remember being afraid of the height, I was afraid of the fall that was coming.

I’ve only ever been in a helicopter once, but I was strapped to back board, screaming my head off, so I didn’t really enjoy the ride ;-) (I got in a car accident and I was airlifted to the trauma ctr).
    Jena recently posted..Pretty sure you already know this

• Danielle May 10, 2011, 2:03 pm

I’m afraid of heights, but I like planes, so I’m not sure how I’d fare in a helicopter XD

Gorgeous, gorgeous pictures! That looks like it was a lot of fun!