Fitbloggin 2011: Part 1 - Geek Turned Athlete

Fitbloggin 2011: Part 1

If you are here because you are at fitbloggin, please check out my About Page!!

Hello guys!! I’m blogging live from Fitbloggin this weekend. We are having a blast. After flying in Thursday night, I had dinner with Julie, one of my roomies, and then went back to the hotel room to answer emails to wait for Anne. We are just party animals, aren’t we? Haha

Well, yesterday was the first official day of the conference, and we started it off with a 5K fun run. Anne and I ran together. The stomach was still bothering me, so although we stayed up in front, it was not a good run for me. I’m glad that I at least got it out of the way! πŸ˜‰

020-1.jpg

Then, breakfast with Attune foods and a Q and A session. I wasn’t that familiar with the Attune brand before yesterday, but I loved listening to the CEO’s point of view of food and our society.

They covered:

• Artificial Sweeteners: More sweet foods lead to a desire for more sweet foods.
  • Endurance Gels/Chews: You only need to use these if you are exercising for more than 60-90 minutes. So many people are eating these things during a 5K. YOU DON’T NEED TO DO THAT!
  • Carb loading: When do we really need to carb load??? If we do, we need to keep in mind that we don’t necessarily need to take in more calories especially if we are tapering. Lunch should be the largest meal before a race, not dinner.

Anne, Julie, me, and Cynthia during the Q and A session breakfast.

IMAG0015.jpg

I was impressed that they had a gluten free station and fresh berries. πŸ˜‰

DSC08393.JPG DSC08395.JPG

New Balance supplied us all with brand new shoes.

And new running capris!! They are so freaking cute and comfortable. I wore them all day yesterday!!

DSC08364.jpg

The swag was great last year, but it is better this year for sure. The New Balance gear definitely put it over the top.

We have been using these little things called Pokens. You just “poke” someone else’s and you automatically get all their contact info including their website, twitter handle, and email address along with a timeline of when you met them. Cool, huh?

After breakfast, we headed off to Fitness Challenges with Cathe Friedrich. I love her. I worked out to her in college on FitTV.

Her class was absolutely amazing. It is amazing how much you can feel the burn with a paper plate and a resistance band. You don’t need huge weights to strength train. πŸ˜‰

Right after that class was a trampoline class by JumpSport. SO. MUCH. FUN.
DSC08384.jpg DSC08386.jpg

After that was lunch, then a few panel discussions. Then cocktail hour with the roomies!! I actually got to dress up which NEVER happens. πŸ˜‰

IMAG0018#1.jpg

024_thumb.jpg

Today, we started the day out with a strength stretching class taught by Andrea Metcaf with Naked Fitness. It was hard! There will be more panel discussions today, then tapas tonight! I’m having a great time learning more about blogging, meeting new friends, and seeing some old ones.

If you are at fitbloggin, please come up and say hi to me. I promise, I’m nice! πŸ˜‰

If you aren’t at fitbloggin, have you ever been to a blogging/fitness conference?? Have you ever taken a trampoline class?? It was so weird but fun. I thought that I was going to hop off into someone else a few times. πŸ˜‰
  • Amy May 21, 2011, 7:30 am

soo awesome! i’ve never been but would love to go sometime!
    Amy recently posted..Homemade Crossfit

• Marisa May 21, 2011, 11:27 am

It looks like tons of fun! I’m jealous of all the cool swag you’re getting, especially the Jillian Michaels book “unlimited” and the shoes and capris!

• Nicole May 22, 2011, 3:17 pm

I know! I can’t wait to read the book. Although her pill pushing campaign sort of upset me. ;(

• Matt @ The Athlete's Plate May 21, 2011, 3:52 pm

It was so awesome to meet you!
    Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..More Fitbloggin’!

• Nicole May 22, 2011, 3:18 pm

Awesome to meet you! πŸ˜‰

• Paige @ Running Around Normal May 22, 2011, 12:31 pm

Love the new shoes! Go NB!! πŸ™‚
    Sounds like a blast so far!

• Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me May 22, 2011, 1:01 pm

I’m not at fitbloggin but I so wish I could’ve gone. Too much moolah to spend right now but I’m hoping to go someday.
    Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..Stressful Lady Issues – TMI Post

• Nicole May 22, 2011, 3:20 pm

Girl, I know!! It was expensive! The registration was much more expensive than it was last year too, but they had more stuff going on this year.

• Gretchen @ Honey, I Shrunk the Gretchen! May 22, 2011, 4:16 pm

Dang woman, you are a hottie patottie in that picture! I loveloveLOVED meeting you! I hope it’s not tooooo long before we see each other again! πŸ˜€

• Brittany May 22, 2011, 7:32 pm

Wasn’t the trampoline class awesome? I want one now!

It was a blast getting to hang with you more lady. Your energy makes you so fun to be around! Plus, I LOVED Brooke. πŸ™‚
    Brittany recently posted..The Craziness of Fit Bloggin’ Day 2

• Nicole May 30, 2011, 4:46 pm

haha. Thanks!! She is a riot, right?? It was great hanging out with you too!! You are so sweet!

• Julie @ Wearing Mascara May 22, 2011, 8:22 pm

It was so fun meeting you! Glad you love the capri’s – would you believe that I haven’t tried them on yet?! Gotta get on that!

• Sara May 23, 2011, 12:08 pm

I really want to go to a blogging conference – it seems like so much fun and it would be great to meet the people behind the blogs I read!
    Sara recently posted..Apparently there’s a huge farm in the center of London …

• Charisa May 23, 2011, 2:48 pm

Your trampoline pics are so fun πŸ™‚

• Sarah S May 23, 2011, 5:19 pm

Wow, I hadn’t heard of fitbloggin before this week, but it sounds incredible! It looks like you are having a great time and the swag is impressive!

• RunEatRepeat May 23, 2011, 10:39 pm

So good to see you this weekend! But, I didn’t get that Jillian book in my swag, boo.
    RunEatRepeat recently posted..Low Calorie Ice Cream

• Gracie May 24, 2011, 4:53 am

Is it just me, or did this FitBloggin’ come pretty darn close to the epic-ness of last year’s? πŸ™‚ SO good to see you again and hang out some more!

p.s. the photos of you on the trampoline are adorable! Love it.
    Gracie recently posted..go bold or go home

• Nicole May 30, 2011, 4:45 pm

Great to hang out with you too!! πŸ˜‰