Taper Week!! – Geek Turned Athlete

Taper Week!!

It is taper week around here because I have my Half Ironman on Sunday! It is the my first HIM of the season. To tell you the truth, I haven’t been working out too hard lately, and it really feels like this is my 3rd taper week in a row. HA! But life isn’t always perfect. Oh well. I’m going into this thing with the mindset that I’m going to do the best I can and have fun. Really, what else can I do?? :)

Anyway, Sun Chlorella USA sent me a sample package of their many products. The package was made up of chlorella granules, lotion, tea, and even pet supplements.

Don’t know what Chlorella is? I didn’t know either until this company contacted me.

Chlorella is a strain of green algae that grows in fresh water.  Among it’s many benefits, it increases energy and improves digestion.  Anything that helps with digestion, I’m willing to try.

DSC00015.jpg

Kai even wants to try it out!  He loves his veggies, what can I say?

So many products for dogs have so much crap in them.  I like how Sun Chlorella points out that it is a “human grade” product. ;)

You have a chance of winning a sample pack.  There will be two winners by just commenting here about if you have ever tried any type of supplement and what your thoughts regarding supplements are.  I’ll pick the winners next Friday (08/12/2011).

I’m kinda bad at taking supplements on a daily basis, and I feel like I should be getting everything I need from my diet.  On the other hand, we are not perfect eaters 100% of the time!  Sometimes supplements are good since they fill the gap that we’ve made with not eating as well as we should.

• Annie D @ Annie's Simple Life August 6, 2011, 6:40 pm

YAY for Chlorella! We take that or Spirulina every day. We’re total supplement snobs :) But take them religiously.

• Nicole August 6, 2011, 9:14 pm

What changes have you noticed since you have started taking them?

• Lisa August 6, 2011, 9:05 pm

I take supplements–usually for something specific (like for hair and nails).

• Lauren @ Lauren Runs August 7, 2011, 8:53 pm

I’ve tried different supplements before… I started when I was recommended certain Chinese herbs by my acupuncturist. Between the herbs & acupuncture treatments, I certainly saw an impact on the issues I was having treated!

Then this spring I participated in the Door Prairie Duathlon in Indiana and received a number of natural supplements as a part of the goodie bag. Some of the ones I tried worked, although I noticed that I didn’t like the ones focused on giving me more energy. Those ones either made me jittery, or had a “crash” effect later that day that I don’t get otherwise.

• colleenzo August 10, 2011, 8:59 am

I’m too undisciplined for taking supplements…I can never remember to take something every day! I tried vitamin D pills for a while to see if it would help my achy joints, but I didn’t notice enough difference for the cost and effort. But I’ve heard pretty cool things about Chlorella.

• nicole August 11, 2011, 7:21 pm

I do like to use quality supplements, but I pick them on a rotation basis because I can’t afford all the ones I would like to try at once! LOL I use sea kelp daily as a rule, because it helps me keep a full head of hair and nice nails. not sure why but it does wonders for me, so I think I may be deficient in something. I also buy probiotics regularly. Next I want to try bee pollen.