Getting My Bike Legs Back – Geek Turned Athlete

Getting My Bike Legs Back

I’ve been going on some pretty amazing rides lately…

IMG_0172.JPG

They kind of remind me of my rides in Germany or Tuscany.

IMG_0173.JPG IMG_0174.JPG

And I’ve been making some friends from my tri team!! These ladies push me every single time I ride with them. So what if I’m always the last one riding, and my hair is fighting to get out of my helmet??

IMG_0176.JPG IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0179.JPG

I’m so grateful to live and ride in a place as beautiful as Spokane. There are so many people here who take this place for granted!
IMG_0183.jpg IMG_0186.jpg

So, I was going to title this post something like, “Strained Abs, No training” and tell you the story of me and my husband hanging out in the ER this weekend after my 5 hr bike ride because we were afraid I had a hernia or appendicitis (especially since the pain started last Tuesday) but the doc said that I had just pulled an abdominal muscle, and I needed to “REST.” However, I thought that I would just be thankful that I have this beautiful place to ride in and wonderful, helpful, caring “teachers” to ride with…when I’m done “resting”….which will hopefully be soon.

Enjoy your rides or runs wherever you are!! There is beauty all around us. ;) Corny, but true!

IMG_0184.JPG

• Sana September 19, 2011, 11:46 pm

Miss you! Glad you are still being epic :)!

• Nicole September 20, 2011, 9:03 am

haha. I don’t know about that, but thank you!! Just training to not die for my Ironman in November! Eeeek!

• lindsay September 20, 2011, 3:47 am

so glad you are out there enjoying the rides, beautiful!
    lindsay recently posted..My “mon” day.

• Heidi Nicole September 20, 2011, 8:56 am

Those photos are completely amazing! Looks like you are having a great time…and how can you not with scenery like that?! Gorgeous!
    Heidi Nicole recently posted..Buffalo Creek…once again!

• That Pink Girl September 20, 2011, 9:26 am

Oh no! Sorry you are hurt! Our bodies are often pretty clear when tellin us to “slow down” aren’t they?
    I’m brand new to cycling and have recently found some new cycling friends to ride with. It’s making all the difference! So nice to have experienced riders to give advice and encouragement. Because I’m ALWAYS at the back!
    Hope you re feeling better very soon!

• Lisa September 20, 2011, 9:49 am

I’ve never thought of Spokane as being a gorgeous area, but seeing your photos have changed my mind. :)

Hope you are feeling better! That sounds painful!
    Lisa recently posted..Is it a Good Fit?

• Toronto Girl West September 22, 2011, 8:01 pm

I happened to think Spokane is a hidden gem!

Last time we were there we took the City Drive (signs all around the city) and discovered some new to us places! What a beautiful city! :)

• Matt @ The Athlete's Plate September 24, 2011, 4:42 pm

I’m so jealous!

There is like nowhere good to ride around here :(

• MizFit September 26, 2011, 4:01 am

and I read this as enjoy your rides WHATEVER they are.
    Mine, these days, are walking.
    MizFit recently posted..I cried during yoga.

• Nicole September 27, 2011, 11:23 am

That is exactly what I meant! ;) I’m glad you are seeing the beauty while you are walking. ;) You are always SO positive!!

• Becky @ Skinnyfat Girls September 28, 2011, 10:26 am

Wow, that first picture is just gorgeous! I do find that when I take the time to appreciate the beauty around me I enjoy my workouts SO much more. I love your blog and every post makes me wanna get out there and MOVE!
    Becky @ Skinnyfat Girls recently posted..Secrets to Great Hummus