So I turned 30 today. My 20’s were filled with getting out of my comfort zone not limited to getting married, moving 4 times across the United States and to Germany, completing my B.S., M.S., changing careers, and two Ironmans.
This picture is of me eating some brochen and sausage on the Happy Mosel (a 175 km bike ride in Germany with beer/sausage stands every 2 km) \in Germany. It was so scary (to me at first) when we moved to Germany because I was unfamiliar with EVERYTHING! I knew it would be good for me though.
I like this picture because I think it kinda represents me biting into “life” without fear! I learned so many lessons in the last decade, and I thought that I would share some with you:
1. Most things in life are NOT black or white.
2. I am so much more capable at accomplishing amazing things than I give myself credit for.
3. Marrying Steve was the scariest, exhilarating, most gratifying thing that I have done so far in my life. I’m so lucky to have met him and to have somehow convinced him to marry me.
4. Compassion. We all need to exhibit a little bit more of it.
5. Most people are insecure and that can dictate their actions.
6. If you know what you want, go get it. If you believe something will happen, it probably will.
7. I finally accepted the fact that I’m a nerd, and I’m embracing it.
8. I finally accepted the fact that I have an athlete inside of me as well.
9. I no longer feel the need to change my beliefs to match someone else’s or to make other people happy. I am who I am, and although I do expect some of my opinions to change as I age, I believe what I believe. Love and accept me for who I am because I love and accept you for who you are even if we might have different views. If you don’t, I have no room for you in my life.
10. Life is too short to have toxic relationships. My close friend list has dwindled, but I find it a good thing.
11. Sometimes it is better to keep my mouth shut. Still battling with this one.
12. Sometimes it is better to NOT keep my mouth shut.
13. I am no longer ignorant of how ignorant I am. Traveling around the world will do that to you.
14. Cherish the time you have with your loved ones. You never know when their time or your time is up.
I look forward to learning more about myself and the world in my 30’s
Do you have any life lessons you could add?